Betrayer (Megadeth, Iron Maiden style metal)

Betrayer

New Metal Member
Jun 8, 2004
Betrayer's main influences are Megadeth, Iron Maiden & Metallica. Here are some of our songs to download.

Betrayer originals from the album (Rusted Icons)

Descendants of Death

Fire to the Coals

Rusted Icons

Sands of Time

Covers

Holy Wars...The Punishment Due (Live Cover)

Paranoid (Cover)

You can also download more off our site at www.betrayer.ca

Be sure to check out our street team system. It's free to join and you can win random prizes by just signing up. And if you decide to purchase anything from our online store you'll receive a discount.

Betrayer is also seeking a keyboardist. Our musical direction with the addition of a keyboardist would be towards these bands; Nightwish, Edguy & Yngwie Malmsteen. If interested please email me at info@betrayer.ca thanks.

I'm definitely joining the street team, I want free prizes. OH! FREE membership!? You mean we don't have to PAY to promote you!? SWEET DEAL!!!

I should find some new hoot pictures. Here's one!

intro.html

EDIT: Bah, not showing up. Another:

Imga1063.jpg

Please don't get a keyboardist.
Have you heard much material from Yngwie and Edguy? If not I would suggest checking them out. I think I know what you might be worried about when a band mentions keyboardists but when done right it really can add a lot of depth to a bands sound.

Haha I didn't even get to the power metal keyboard sellout. I got done reading as far down as the 'Paranoid cover' and left town.
I’m not sure why people use the term sellout so broadly, but how exactly do you define it. I would consider selling out by writing music you don’t really want to just to make money. Well first off we definitely aren’t writing music that we don’t and secondly money is the last reason we are doing this for. This is just more of the stuff the band has been listening to, so it’s natural for some direction to change. I can reassure you though the must is still heavy, fast and can be recognized with the original material.

I get the impression you don’t really like this genre to begin with since you mentioned not liking Black Sabbath. What type of bands do you listen to? Maybe there is some common ground here.

I'm definitely joining the street team, I want free prizes. OH! FREE membership!? You mean we don't have to PAY to promote you!? SWEET DEAL!!!
Well you’d be surprised how many times someone has asked us if there was a charge to join. Surprisingly enough a lot of fan clubs/street teams actually have an admission fee. We prefer to do the opposite and give away as much as we possibly can.

Spam posts always end up in some deranged banter. I wonder how this one will evolve?
I agree with that, but I wouldn’t consider this spam. There are direct links to MP3’s so people don’t even have to leave this board. If they happen to enjoy the band that’s great, we enjoy hearing feedback on the music. I personally enjoy hearing new bands on a regular basis and metal zines are one of the last resources metal bands have these days.

I should find some new hoot pictures. Here's one!
That picture is pretty hilarious, what was the first one supposed to be? Just comes up as a broken image. Not sure I understand the hoot reference though. :yow:

Erik said:
Well uh. I like 3 out of 3 of the first bands you've listed, and 0/3 of the ones you listed as keyboard influences. Sorry.

Fair enough, just wanted to mention them incase you hadn't heard anything by them.

Well, I like the cut of this guy's gib, so I'm gonna get downloading then get judging :)

Betrayer said:
I’m not sure why people use the term sellout so broadly, but how exactly do you define it. I would consider selling out by writing music you don’t really want to just to make money. Well first off we definitely aren’t writing music that we don’t and secondly money is the last reason we are doing this for. This is just more of the stuff the band has been listening to, so it’s natural for some direction to change. I can reassure you though the must is still heavy, fast and can be recognized with the original material.
Nah, you took me too seriously. I was referring more so to your post. You started with three class bands :cool: , devolved into mentioning that you do a "Paranoid" cover :ill: , and then concluded with wanting to 'migrate' towards a Nightwish/Malmsteen sound by adding a keyboardist. o_O

First of all, if you're talented enough to play "Holy Wars", then does the world need another hero...er, I mean, "Paranoid" cover? If you're going to do a Sabbath cover, how about one of their lesser known tunes?

I get the impression you don’t really like this genre to begin with since you mentioned not liking Black Sabbath. What type of bands do you listen to? Maybe there is some common ground here.
Haha, au contrare, I worship Sabbath. Include Maiden, Metallica, and Megadeth into that love affair too. (I obviously refer to all their more classic albums before everyone throws Load, Risk, and Virtual XI in my face...).

I'm also a fan of Malmsteen (except for his neverending solos), and I like Edguy (with my fascination for all things similar to Maiden and Bruce D. obviously). Nightwish can suck my balls.

There's not many heavy metal genres I don't like, really. I do think though that you're heading in the wrong direction in wanting to become a neo-classical power metal band. If a band could exist by leveraging the best of the three Big M's, then that would hold more interest for me. Just my two cents.

Go check my Dionysus review by the way.

Hmmm...something kooky with the downloads? Descendants of Death was supposed to be a 5+ meg file but I only got 1+ meg and 1min 17secs worth of music. This has happened on UM before, wonder why... :confused: oh well, onto the next one...

Was the album recorded on a tight budget? Sounds like demo-level production, reminds me of that Warpspeed song I've got tucked away...the intro of that song felt very generic but the riff after that lot was cool...sounded like a lot of potential but then of course that was all that downloaded :mad: Agh! So I'll go through all the others and see if there's more joy...

JayKeeley said:
First of all, if you're talented enough to play "Holy Wars", then does the world need another hero...er, I mean, "Paranoid" cover? If you're going to do a Sabbath cover, how about one of their lesser known tunes?
Well, if they get a keyboard player, they could cover Die Young! That would be class! :D

Totally...as does the title track, and also Neon Knights by a smidgen (it's the "circles and rings..." bit, love that!). Damn, what a class album!

Well I somehow managed to cancel the Fire To The Coals download when it was 99% done :mad: :mad: :mad: so here we go again...

Wow, holy quick replies. If I miss something I apologize.

The Paranoid cover was supposed to be recorded for a Sabbath tribute album; it was one of the best songs we covered at the time. I believe we were specifically asked to play that song because it was something we were known for at live shows.

The Paranoid recording is actually a good example of the recording quality that we will be using the new material. From Rusted Icons to Paranoid there was a significant upgrade at the studio we used. Since Paranoid they have upgraded even more, so our new material should sound pretty professional.

Rusted Icons has become more of a demo for us, we do feel though if people liked the first album they will probably like the new material. I will get the Singer/Guitarist on here to post a few things since he does the majority of the writing and can probably explain that better.

As for the downloading problems I am not sure what could be happening. The links are direct from UM to our site, so there isn’t any redirection script causing any interference. There are no bandwidth caps on our server that would prevent that either. Maybe try downloading them directly from the website? Do you have problems downloading files in general? If so your ISP may have some restrictions on your account.

Yee, I checked out the website and saw that it's more of an album-length demo than the real thing. That makes sense...especially considering you put the whole thing up for download! I'm wondering "how the fuck are they gonna get people to buy it now?!" ^_^

Fire To The Coals came through fine so, yeah, I'll go get the other one straight off the website. I'm going for the live Holy Wars thing now cos I'm feeling like this would be something I would enjoy a lot at a gig, though things are still sounding a bit generic...liking this Fire To The Coals solo though! Maybe this will all be a grower, I dunno...

Your singer don't 'alf remind me of James Hetfield!