Better Than Maiden?

nmoc_iron said:
You are all GAY !!

No band is better than Maiden
Ei portuga, eu também não concordo com esses caras, mas não precisa xingá-los.
Falow

No band is better than Iron Maiden.
Iron Maiden made the 2 best albums on the music history:
Somewhere in time and 7th Son of a 7th Son

there's a lot of bands that are better then maiden when it comes to technical playing etc... but if you ask me what band I like more than maiden, then there is only one,Savatage

Maiden's probbly top... but I get into phases, especially new bands I haven't heard...i.e. Ayreon, Amorphis, DT,IE..... BUT after I've run meself ragged on these, who do I come back to??
MAIDEN!

Easy : Emperor , Devin Townsend , Opeth , Ulver , Arcturus , Obtained Enslavement , Agalloch , Death , Samael , Dissection and so on...
Tough Maiden released masterpieces : Powerslave , Somewhere In time and 7th son . I like those 3 like no others

Guns n' fuckin roses....... but i love maiden

blind guardian
iced earth (until matt left)

thats about all i can think of, i know there are TECHNICALLY better bands, but i love maiden, so i could proabably name a few more, but i wont.

Death are better than Maiden. They never made an X Factor or a Virtual XI(even if you think they're decent albums, when compared to PoM, Powerslave, 7th Son, etc., they're not even close) and always got better and better. Whereas Maiden slowed down big time after 1988. No Prayer was the beginning of the Downfall. Sure Fear of the Dark had a few good ones, but we all know it wasn't a Number of the Beast. Bottom line, Death NEVER put out a subpar album. Iron Maiden on the other hand, has.

PS: I FUCKING LOVE MAIDEN and am seeing them Friday, Saturday and next Wednesday in New York. Just wanted to make sure everybody understood that they are indeed one of my favorite bands, just not #1. More like #3.

As far as the Maiden style goes, I'd say that even though I really like Maiden and it was the first metal band that I got into, Blaze(post-Maiden Blaze Bayley) seems to rival Maiden in what they do.

Well you're all entitled to your opinions of course, but I read it as a rhetorical question :)

Wormser said:
The phrase "Well who is?" can be taken two ways. First, the one most people took was listing bands they thought were better. The second being my original intent, meaning no one is (particularly the band I linked to).

BeyondtheUnholyGrave said:
Death are better than Maiden. They never made an X Factor or a Virtual XI(even if you think they're decent albums, when compared to PoM, Powerslave, 7th Son, etc., they're not even close) and always got better and better. Whereas Maiden slowed down big time after 1988. No Prayer was the beginning of the Downfall. Sure Fear of the Dark had a few good ones, but we all know it wasn't a Number of the Beast. Bottom line, Death NEVER put out a subpar album. Iron Maiden on the other hand, has.

I agree with all your comments about death. Death define both perfection and progression.