Better unbelivably Late Than Never

claymanx

New Metal Member
Mar 1, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
O.K. I know that the venue is almost absolutely picked for this year's show by now, but I have an idea for one that would be absolutely great.

The Star Plaza in Indiana.

Its surrounded by 3 or 4 hotels plus numerous resturants (Hooters, etc.), holds 4000-5000 people with all plush seating, has a pretty big stage, big lobby area that surrounds the theater, its easy to get to, 1/2 hour to 45 minutes from Chicago, 1 minute off of the exit from a major highway (I forget which one), overall I think it would be a perfect place to allow this festival to increase in size.

The reason I know about this place is I saw Iced Earth open for Megadeth there about a year and a half ago.

How would one get from O'Hare airport in Chicago to this area? Since so many people come from all over the world, I think it's crucial to keep the festival in a city with a major international airport (Atlanta, NEW YORK, Chicago, etc.)

Wings of a dream said:
I think that 4000 to 5000 people is a little bit too much for progpower. Well I'm pretty sure Glenn still want's it under 2000 to make it better

For now, whos knows how big it can get!!I disagree with Indiana however, I was out in Illinois for PPUSA 1.0 and I will be a happy man if I never go back to that place. I like Atlanta I hope it stays there. BUT! I will go to Prog Power USA whenever and where ever it is held.

Bear

Bear said:
I was out in Illinois for PPUSA 1.0 and I will be a happy man if I never go back to that place.
Bear

Good. You stay away from Illinois, I'll stay away from California, and we'll both be much happier
cool.gif

Soul_Schizm said:
You'll get no argument from me on that one. But also plenty of poseurs, phonies, and flakes to go along with them. Enjoy.

No no I live in Northern California not Southern LOL If we must generalize then I would say that they could be found everywhere, but I won't :Smokin:

Bear

I've been to both.. Frisco is hilly, LA is smoggy. :) I really hated driving in both areas. LA is psychotic and Frisco is dangerous (and coming from Florida where old people drive on the 1-2-3 go system, dangerous and psychotic is saying a lot.)

I had fun in California, but for some reason I can't take it there.. the state doens't like me.. numerous car breakdowns.. earthquake.. every time I go something happens. Now I'll just stay out. :(

** the 1-2-3-go system is they stop (SOMEtimes) at a stop sign count to 3 and hit the gas regardless of who's on the road in front of them or coming down the street and how close. This also applies to ALL parking lots, because the old people when reaching a certain age no longer feel the need to look behind them for people walking.

Well I don't live in San Francisco (thank the LORD almighty) lol. It's way way way to messed up there, no parking, to much traffic, to many fools ect ect. I am in the suburbs south of SF in between SF and San Jose and while its still crazy on the freeway I like it alot. I don't think I will ever move out of California, but then again I could be wrong :heh:

Bear