Between The Buried and Me

Soilent Goat

May 26, 2002
I know some people are very against metalcore on this board. But I don't feel like Between the Buried and Me should be labeled some average metalcore band. I picked up "The Silent Circus" their new release...and this sounds like Opeth meets Cryptopsy meets The Smashing Pumpkins. I'm very much in love with this cd..anyone else pick it up?

Last edited:
I didn't know they had a cd out, I thought they broke up a year ago. I think they are pretty good for what they do but aren't that unique.

A friend told me about the a long time ago and I didn't like them. recently I listened to mordecai and more of myself to kill and still don't like it.

LuminousAether said:
After a few more tries, I just don't see much appealing with this band. They aren't really metalcore either. I'll keep listening to the latest Bleeding Through, thank you very much.
I really think you are missing out on an awesome band, have you at least looked into their self-titled? To be honest, Between the Buried and Me surpass Bleeding Through on all levels, musically and lyrically.