Between the Buried and Me

Travis

Bassist
Jan 2, 2006
Near Albany, NY
www.myspace.com
I was wondering...

Between the Buried and Me is one of my favorite bands. They are extremely talented and tight, and their music style is very progressive; I've heard nothing like it. Yet, I've come to find that they are not very accepted among a lot of metal listeners. My question is...why? What don't you guys like about BTBAM?
-Travis

Between The Buried and Me are awesome fucking metalcore, really damned good stuff. A major step away from the shit that typical metalcore is.

Them, The Red Chord (the best), and Despised Icon are the absolute best metalcore bands.

I enjoy The Red Chord, but Between the Buried and Me does nothing for me. Yes they are talented, but I think the songs end up sounding the same. The mid pitched screams, breakdowns, and structures of songs make me not listen to metalcore.

Travis said:
I was wondering...

Between the Buried and Me is one of my favorite bands. They are extremely talented and tight, and their music style is very progressive; I've heard nothing like it. Yet, I've come to find that they are not very accepted among a lot of metal listeners. My question is...why? What don't you guys like about BTBAM?
-Travis
paddy like em them good :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :Smokin:

Teh Grimarse said:
anyone who thinks btbam sounds like "generic" metalcore has either never heard btbam, never heard metalcore, or both, or is a fucking moron, or all three.
Not really.

Scourge of Malice said:
Are you fucking retarded?

Seriously.

Same old random poorly cobbled together ideas that sounds like ass when listened to that every other *core band plays. At best, I can call them marginally more cohesive then the average *core bag of crap. That isn't saying much.

I saw them live and it sucked then too.

Holy shit, what the fuck.

To say that they sound exactly like every other hardcore/metalcore band is exactly why I hate narrow minded fucking people. First of all, uhh, no, they don't. Their album Alaska is so fuckin' creative, I wouldn't even say there's one generic breakdown on Alaska. Infact, I don't even consider BTBAM a metalcore band at all. Yeah, they have clean parts in their songs...does that make them metalcore? There is so much that went into that music, such a wide variety of influences, how can you even compare them to a "metalcore" band such as Shadows Fall or All that Remains? Parts of the first album might pass as metalcore, but anymore, no. They have their own metal sound now, to say they are any kind of -core is, in my opinion, retarded. And no, I'm not defending Victory records here, either. Honestly, BTBAM is the only band I've heard that I enjoy on that label. But seriously, anyone who says they sound just like every other band needs to actually listen to the music.

And just curious, not getting offensive here or anything, but Thraxz, you said you say them live and they sucked. Um, what sucked about them? I saw them live too and I can safely say they are one of tightest bands I've seen up there with Trans Siberian Orchestra. I didn't hear one mistake, and it was a very powerful performance.
-Travis

Travis said:
Holy shit, what the fuck.

To say that they sound exactly like every other hardcore/metalcore band is exactly why I hate narrow minded fucking people. First of all, uhh, no, they don't. Their album Alaska is so fuckin' creative, I wouldn't even say there's one generic breakdown on Alaska. Infact, I don't even consider BTBAM a metalcore band at all. Yeah, they have clean parts in their songs...does that make them metalcore? There is so much that went into that music, such a wide variety of influences, how can you even compare them to a "metalcore" band such as Shadows Fall or All that Remains? Parts of the first album might pass as metalcore, but anymore, no. They have their own metal sound now, to say they are any kind of -core is, in my opinion, retarded. And no, I'm not defending Victory records here, either. Honestly, BTBAM is the only band I've heard that I enjoy on that label. But seriously, anyone who says they sound just like every other band needs to actually listen to the music.

And just curious, not getting offensive here or anything, but Thraxz, you said you say them live and they sucked. Um, what sucked about them? I saw them live too and I can safely say they are one of tightest bands I've seen up there with Trans Siberian Orchestra. I didn't hear one mistake, and it was a very powerful performance.
-Travis
My thoughts exactly. I haven't seen them live myself, but I've downloaded several videos and they were flawless.

I honestly don't see how anyone can compare them with crap like Bury Your Dead, As I Lay Dying, or Evergreen Terrace.:puke: