Beyond Fear

Jul 14, 2002
Stratford, CT
Visit site
So I got myself a copy of the Beyond Fear CD, the new project from Tim Owens.

From day one I have always wanted, I mean really wanted to like this guy. I hated his work with WintersBane, I was bored with Priest, I thought the Iced Earth stuff was lame. He always seems to be doing an impression of somebody.
I even got to see him acoustic at the BWBK show and he did was * gasp * Priest songs. I've never really got to hear Tim Owens.

Well, the Beyond Fear stuff is great! He uses many voices, combining his Halford like power metal style with newer influences to achieve something pretty damn good.

The music is crunchy, some nice stand out riffs and great drums and bass.

I would recommend this release.

DreamNeonBlack said:
So I got myself a copy of the Beyond Fear CD, the new project from Tim Owens.

From day one I have always wanted, I mean really wanted to like this guy. I hated his work with WintersBane, I was bored with Priest, I thought the Iced Earth stuff was lame. He always seems to be doing an impression of somebody.
I even got to see him acoustic at the BWBK show and he did was * gasp * Priest songs. I've never really got to hear Tim Owens.

Well, the Beyond Fear stuff is great! He uses many voices, combining his Halford like power metal style with newer influences to achieve something pretty damn good.

The music is crunchy, some nice stand out riffs and great drums and bass.

I would recommend this release.

Yeah, I was interested in the band when he announced it too. I'm gonna catch them supporting Anthrax on tour, so I'll be sure to pick up a cd then :)

ALTHOUGH, his work with iced earth was ok, i thought. :oops: