beyond the embrace, anyone?

face of godzilla

nice marmot
Jun 21, 2004
new jersey, usa
I first saw Beyond the Embrace open for Opeth in NJ last year, and ended up buying Against the Elements that night from their merch table, and after getting Insect Song a few weeks ago, I can pretty much say that I love this band - but I don't hear much about them...any opinions on BTE?

Beyond The Embrace is the best metal band to come out of the united states in the last 5 years (maybe more).

Thats what I used to say until I discovered Arsis. Now BTE is the second best band to come out of the united states in the last 5 years or so.

I just bought Insect Song tonight and I wasn't really impressed with the first listen of it. I'm gonna be putting it on again here in a few, and hopefully I'll start getting into it more. How is their first album compared to Insect Song?

Insect Song is horrible compared to ATE. This is just my opinion. I still gotta support them cuz they are from my homecity. I do admit that I have to listen to Insect Song more but I've heard it a few times and it's not my cup o' tea.

Beyond the Embrace is a great band. I just recently picked up the Insect Song album and it is one of my favorite albums so far of 2004.

at the moment, I would say Insect song is as good as ATE...but Insect Song is relatively new to me, so ask me again in a few months and I might say differently. On my first listen I thought they had lost some of the european sound and the vocals even sounded like...phil anselmo?! but thats just fleshengine breakdown, the rest of the album sticks pretty true to their original formula. better production, maybe a little less extreme overall...and it seems like there's some kind of theme going on, but not quite a concept album: any thoughts on that?