Beyond The Gates - New Release

John-Evans

New Metal Member
Jul 4, 2016
This was a two person effort that took nearly a year to complete. I live in Pennsylvania (JE - Guitar, Bass, Keyboards) and my partner lives in New Zealand (JS - Lyrics, Vocals, Piano). We have only spoken on the phone one time. This album was created by sending thousands of emails back and forth to each other and sharing bits and pieces via Dropbox. It was a painstaking process but very fun and we are so proud of the end result. It's available pretty much everywhere (Spotify, iTunes, Google Play, Deezer, etc.) and CD's are also available. Best place to see and listen is our website. Lyrics and videos are also posted there. Go to:

www.evansandstokes.com

The album 'Beyond The Gates' is divided into two parts. The first half of the album is dark. It follows an individual at the end of their life with no hope. The songs are reflections on a lifetime of poor choices, and family and friends lost.

In the second act hope comes with the vision of an angel. As death approaches, the angel's offer of peace is accepted. Their journey ends at Heaven's gate with the last breath.

This is a Metal album but also has softer elements to emphasize the mood throughout.

I hope you'll have a listen.

Thank you!

BTG Album Cover.png

Last edited: