Beyond Twilight?

The_Q

No More Posts
Mar 29, 2003
www.metal-fan.org
I just picked up their latest CD "Section X" and think it's really good. I'm new to this band so I am unsure if they have been discussed as considered for ProgPower. Glenn, what are your thoughts on them?

I've been spinning this disc a few weeks now & l like it. New vocalist does a great job....good range, not a Jorn Lande, but still good in his own right. l'd like to hear him to some of "Devil's Hall" stuff. l'll definitely jump on the BT bandwagon here...PPVII!!!

Ascension said:
I've been spinning this disc a few weeks now & l like it. New vocalist does a great job....good range, not a Jorn Lande, but still good in his own right. l'd like to hear him to some of "Devil's Hall" stuff. l'll definitely jump on the BT bandwagon here...PPVII!!!

That would be the singer from Outworld, in case you didn't know. :headbang:

MC Zilla

I'm not really into the power metal scene, but I am lucky enough to have exposure to it. Section X may not be the new Nevermore or Symphorce, but it is nipping at their heels, in my opinion. I particularly like their classical tendencies, capturing the feeling of the original composition. Good songwriting too.

NP: Mezarkabul - Unspoken

Has anyone heard that interview with Jorn Lande where he claimed he'd written pretty much everything on Section X? It turned into a real mess when the BT camp backfired. Now, I'm not going to claim Jorn did actually write both the vocal melodies and the music on Section X, but I remember how when I first heard Section X, I told some people that the vocal melodies on it were so The Devil's Hall of Fame-inspired it wasn't even funny. Kelly Sundown Carpenter is a great singer and all but if he really wrote all those melodies himself, he either 1) tried to emulate Jorn greatly, or 2) some of those melodies WERE pre-written and he just interpreted them into his own vocal style.

That said, I'll never believe Jorn came up with those amazing piano and synth arrangements. They reek of Finn Zierler all the way

NP: Ephel Duath - Pain Necessary to Know

Section X is one of the best albums released this year....as for Jorn writing it...vocal melodies maybe...music...i don't think so. It would be interesting to know the truth though..haven't heard much about it since their initial statements.

Jorn didn't write that album!!! Kelly wrote the vocal melodies for the Path of Darkness chorus, Ecstasy Arise, and most of the title track, and maybe more I think. I also wouldn't say some of them scream Devil's Hall of Fame, and the reason for that being if you believe so is that the vocal melodies were written over the same style of chord progression as Finn has his own melodic preference like most musicians.

After Jorn switching his story a crap load of times, whether he was misquoted or not, how much truth to whtat he said, etc... it's pretty obvious he was lying. Not just for that reason but I am sure any artist who wrote material and had it stolen would start up a lawsuit right away, especially if it's a whole album. Now possibly I think Finn did say they had started throwing ideas around but nothing of remotely any significant nature that Jorn wrote was used, that would have mainly been reffering to vocal melodies, which I don't believe were used at all. Also, although Jorn is a great singer but we have all heard stories about his ego and other charachter flaws in sterotypical rock stars. I also seriously doubt Finn would have used any of the stuff Jorn wrote just because of the fact that he is someone who is extremly,deeply passionate about his work; the guy goes to great extremes for song ideas.

In the end, Jorn didn't write Section X!