Any new Suspyre fans?

DADRocks

Jul 14, 2006
Really looking forward to the preshow this year! When the preshow was announced I never heard of Suspyre. I went to their myspace page and really dug their sound. I picked up their CDs and their latest, "When Time Fades", is awesome. A cross between Symphony X and Dream Theater. I highly recommend their latest CD for those not familiar with them.

Well, not a new fan, but I sure love Suspyre. Dave and I have been following them since the beginning. Actually saw them a couple times when we were the only people at the club who were not family. :Spin: Glad to see them taking off. With all that crazy talent and creativity, they deserve it - way more than some bands who've "made it." :Smug:

I've known about these guys since their debut but have never gotten around to buying anything of theirs, simply because Prog is one of my least favorite genres. That being said, which of their releases would you guys recommend, given I'm only going to buy one of their releases?

I've known about these guys since their debut but have never gotten around to buying anything of theirs, simply because Prog is one of my least favorite genres. That being said, which of their releases would you guys recommend, given I'm only going to buy one of their releases?

If you dislike really proggy stuff, then probably The Silvery Image since that is more power metal than "prog". Their other 2 albums are far more technical and proggy, although surprisingly very catchy songs. You can get that album off of their web store: http://suspyre.vstore.ca

I'd recommend "When Time Fades". Even though it does have a Prog sound the songs are very catchy and well written. I would suggest going to their Myspace page to sample songs from each of their three CDs. I did end up buying from www.impulsemusic.com because the prices were good.