Big 4 of thrash fuckin metal play together!

M1kko

Nov 12, 2008
Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax will share the stage at Sonisphere this summer. Initial dates for the big four to share the stage are in Warsaw, Poland and Prague, Czech Republic on June 16 and 19, 2010 with Metallica.com revealing: “You’ve been posting and chatting about it for months and we’re here now to confirm it . . . METALLICA, SLAYER, MEGADETH, and ANTHRAX will all share the same stage for the first time EVER! Look for the four of us at the Sonisphere shows in Warsaw, Poland and Prague, Czech Republic on June 16 and 19, 2010 with a few more of the festival dates still in the works, you can be sure these shows won’t be the only ones.”.

I've seen Metallica. Wasnt that special. I'd much rather see Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax & Testament in one event. Sonisphere FIN already has Anthrax and Slayer so Im hoping they'd get Megadeth too and Im happy.

I would like to see big 4 together but Im not going outside FInland (well, possibly Stockholm, Sweden)

I've seen all of them but Anthrax, will see Anthrax and Slayer in the summer at Sonisphere UK. I'm thinking Download might have Metallica and Megadeth, not sure but, hopefully at least one of them!

Perhaps there will be Wembley/Hampden dates, apparently June 21st in Hampden there's a date slotted for a gig with Anthrax and Mastodon on it so far, but it's only word of mouth atm, nothing official in any way. We shall have to wait and see as tbh, I realised I literally cannot afford going to Poland, it's an extra £200 with flights then spending money on top of that would be £150 odds. Yuck.

i just spoke to dave (hes my uncle an all) and erm he said hes doing a day at birmingham the lineup is

megadeth
testament
evile
slayer
Soulfly
ensiferum
blind guardian
then megadeth play a second set of the old classics but with marty friedman on lead.
Cavalera conspiracy
bloodbath
death with chuck
pantera with dimebag
Immortal
Sepultura with max
Decapitated

and then i woke up with a boner.

i just spoke to dave (hes my uncle an all) and erm he said hes doing a day at birmingham the lineup is

megadeth
testament
evile
slayer
Soulfly
ensiferum
blind guardian
then megadeth play a second set of the old classics but with marty friedman on lead.
Cavalera conspiracy
bloodbath
death with chuck
pantera with dimebag
Immortal
Sepultura with max
Decapitated

and then i woke up with a boner.

I WAS BELIEVING THAT YOU BASTARD!!!!!

128660498159844805.jpg

I think I'm all on my own when I say this but... I think it's all a bit of a sham to be honest. They're just playing the same festival a couple of times, not touring together - which I was hoping would happen.

From metallica.com:

"Before the agents and manager types start taking a break for the holidays, we have one more Sonisphere date to tell you about and it's pretty massive! Not only the "Big Four" of 'Tallica, Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax that we told you about on Monday, but we will be honored to also share the stage with Motorhead, Heaven and Hell, and Mastodon on June 18 in Zurich, Switzerland at Jonschwil Degenaupark. Now, there's a show, don't ya think?!?"

:OMG:

Metallica weren't that great when i went to see them, I went to see them before Death Magnetic and i only knew the 3 albums. They played loads of new stuff so I didn't know much. Also wembley stadium is too big.