Big ass haul

Greeno

Oct 14, 2003
WV USA
I've never really done one of these "haul threads" before but I had a GOOD week so here it goes.....

1.) Cutty Sark - Heroes (lp)
2.) Sortilege - Metamorphose (lp)
3.) Iron Cross - Iron Cross (cd)
4.) Hanoi Rock - 12 Shots On The Rocks (cd)
5.) Rainbow - Straight Between The Eys (cd - remaster)
6.) Rainbow - Difficult To Cure (cd - remaster)
7.) Rainbow - Finyl Vinyl (cd - remaster)
8.) Little Angels - Young Gods (cd)
9.) Motorpsycho - Wrecked (cd)
10.) Sonata Arctica - Ecliptica (cd)
11.) Stratovarius - Destiny (cd)
12.) Stratovarius - Visons (cd)
13.) Kamelot - Siege Perilous (cd)
14.) Camel - Camel (cd)
15.) Camel - Mirage (cd)

I help out a friend who sells metal cd's and lp's on eBay, he pays me in music. :) A usual week is 4 or 5 cd's or lp's but last week he picked up a bunch of stuff cheap and was making good deals so it got a little out of hand. :)

Yeah, brand new Hanoi. It's been out for a little while but it just got released here in the States. The US version has 5 extra tracks, which is unusaul because most of the time we get shafted on stuff like that. :)

TVF - Are you saying you want to check out the new album or the band in general?! Because if you're talking about checking out the new cd then yes, it's worth a listen. Andy and Michael are the only 2 original members but they did a nice job with this album. But if you're saying you've never heard them and you're thinking about checking out the band then yes DO SO! If you've never heard any old Hanoi you're missing out! Some of the best straight ahead Rock N Roll around.

But I'm guessing you're talking about the new album... right?

Rainbow, Metamorphose and Camel now that's a haul! What is the rest? :tickled:

tedvanfrehley said:
both! I have always heard of HR since back in the day (well, ever since the Vince crash) but never got around to checking them out.

Holy crap TVF!! :yow: From reading your posts I think you would very much dig them. I'll uploaded some tracks onto the web page for you to check out.

cool. Yeah, the closest I've heard to them is the "Dead Jail or RNR" video that Michael Monroe dude did with Axl a few years back. I liked it. I've been meaning to check them out ever since and just never have gotten around to it. I guess because I've never seen any Hanoi Rocks cd's in my local stores...even the good record stores in town have never really stocked any stuff of theirs....I'm curious!

tedvanfrehley said:
cool. Yeah, the closest I've heard to them is the "Dead Jail or RNR" video that Michael Monroe dude did with Axl a few years back. I liked it. I've been meaning to check them out ever since and just never have gotten around to it. I guess because I've never seen any Hanoi Rocks cd's in my local stores...even the good record stores in town have never really stocked any stuff of theirs....I'm curious!

That Monroe solo album is GREAT!!!!! It's called Not Fakin' It. To be honest I like that disc better than any of the Hanoi releases or anything else the members of Hanoi went on to do. Another really good post-Hanoi band to check out is Cherry Bombz, a couple Hanoi members with a female singer.

Wyvern said:
Rainbow, Metamorphose and Camel now that's a haul!

Have been wanting to get some Camel on disc for awhile now. Do you know much about them? A friend at work lent me a DVD documentary on them, I'd never heard them before that but I like them. Good old 70's prog.

Hey Greeno, though I love oldschool metal (obviously or I wouldn't be here) I have been a big prog-metal fan for about ten years. I know Camel is supposed to be one of the best prog-rock bands there is/was but I have never heard them. Could you put a Camel song up for me when you get the chance ?

Nice haul btw !!

Bryant

Bryant said:
Hey Greeno, though I love oldschool metal (obviously or I wouldn't be here) I have been a big prog-metal fan for about ten years. I know Camel is supposed to be one of the best prog-rock bands there is/was but I have never heard them. Could you put a Camel song up for me when you get the chance ?

Nice haul btw !!

Bryant

Sure thing. Give me about a week, just put up new stuff last night.

Greeno... you never cease to amaze me. I'm impressed with your choice of Hanoi songs to envelope a new listener in the Hanoi sound. Very strong choices, even without applying their so called popular album "Two Steps From The Move". You even included "Until I Get You", which could sort of be labeled a ballad. Interesting.

I believe the man fancies himself to be a true Hanoi fan!

I was way late getting into Hanoi, Mike's "Not Fakin' It" album spured me to investigate the older stuff. Plus hanging out with the likes of you, Plan13, didn't hurt. :)

BTW - Your brand new sealed Hanoi Rocks - 12 Shots is here at my house waiting on you. The cover looks great on this thing, they did a better job then on the earlier release of this album.

I know that this is nothing compared to your hauls but I had such a tight budget for the last six months or so that I just have to show off now with the few CDs I got from my X-mas money:

Anthrax - Summer 2003 Edition of We've Come For You All incl. Bonus Disc
Emperor - Anthems To The Welkin At Dusk (probably not Old School but I like it anyway)
Hellhammer - Apocalyptic Raids 1990 A.D.
Manowar - Into Glory Ride
Mercyful Fate - Don't Break The Oath
Omen - re-release 3 Disc Edition containing Battle Cry, Warning Of Danger, Nightmares and a live DVD
Over Kill - Killbox 13
Over Kill - Hello From The Gutter
Over Kill - Necroshine
Over Kill - From the Underground And Below
Dee Snider - Never Let The Bastards Wear You Down
Testament - The Gathering

DrillSergeant said:
I know that this is nothing compared to your hauls but I had such a tight budget for the last six months or so that I just have to show off now with the few CDs I got from my X-mas money:

That's a killer haul!!! What is on the bonus disc in the Anthrax album? That Omen set sounds cool as hell!! Is the Hellhammer on cd or vinyl? I have a copy on vinyl, only played it once... wow it's bad. :) Cool rarity though, saw a guy at a record show asking $50 for a copy!!

And believe me, if I didn't help out my friend with his eBay business there would not be any big hauls for me either.

DrillSergeant said:
It surely is! Almost as good as the Panic Cell debut. Ever listened to that one? :D :worship:

ha ha ha!we can play the new game of "watching baldyboys head expand"as he contemplates the enormity of the comparison.ego.what ego?lol.
that album by them rules,but ours isnt bad in any way.just wait for the next one boys,we've already started writing the new songs.