Big ass haul

baldyboy said:
just wait for the next one boys,we've already started writing the new songs.

HEY HEY HEY!!! You can't end a post like that! Fill us in.... details my man. Any changes in the overall sound? And of course the big question..... will you have the mohawk on the next album..... :) You should let it grow long and flip it to one side .... kinda like a VoiVod look. :lol:

I didn't know the Anthrax disc had a bonus disc. Man! Looks like I missed out on getting that one. I'm like Greeno and Drill Sargent in that my budget is now very limited for the year. I had like $200 in gift cards to Best Buy and Borders and my plan was to make it last all year long....yea right! I'm already down to $50 left. Crap. I got some good stuff that I had been wanting, but I'm amazed at how fast it all went. Now I'm facing a year of new releases with $50 to blow. I'll probably put the better part of that money on DAMAGEPLAN and maybe the PROBOT disc....but who knows. I'm whining here....

The trick is to buy used. Sux waiting to find a copy of something used but I just don't know how people spend 15 or 20 bucks on a new cd. In a year I may buy 8 or 10 brand new cd's, and even then they have to be on sale or something. However Ted has a good idea there in asking for gift cards for X-mas.

By the way Ted, don't hold your breath on that Probot disc. I downloaded a copy last week and it's only so-so. There are a couple good tracks on it, but overall it's nothing to rave about. I'll snag a used copy when I can.

Greeno said:
HEY HEY HEY!!! You can't end a post like that! Fill us in.... details my man. Any changes in the overall sound? And of course the big question..... will you have the mohawk on the next album..... :) You should let it grow long and flip it to one side .... kinda like a VoiVod look. :lol:

we kind of like the sound we've got at the mo-one of the new songs written has vocals where(shudder)i sound a bit like that tosspot from the black crowes-or maybe plant.yeah,plants better.its weird.
as for the mohawk greeno-i call myself baldyboy for a good reason-it aint growin very much on top!i'm lucky to have what i got man.
dont think about more stuff from us yet-we havnt got the first one released yet.dont worry though,as soon as the second ones done (hopefully next year)you boys will be gettin a copy to preview and do what happens to all bands these days-say its not as good as the first! :headbang:

baldyboy said:
as for the mohawk greeno-i call myself baldyboy for a good reason-it aint growin very much on top!i'm lucky to have what i got man.

Hahaha... same here dude! Oh well, it's not what's on top but what's inside.... however I think I got short changed there also. :)

@Greeno –
Hellhammer is on CD as I only buy those anymore. I sold almost all of my vinyl collection. I know, that makes almost an alien out of me, especially in the Old School section but except for the bigger covers I don’t like vinyl that much. Mostly because I really hate it when an album I love and therefore play often starts crackling like a campfire after some time. And yes, it’s bad as hell but I have a soft spot for sucky productions and sloppy Black/Thrash Metal like the mid-80s Bathory, Sodom & Celtic Frost.
The Omen 20th anniversary edition is well worth the money. In fact, it was cheaper than the Mercyful Fate disc and comes with bonus tracks and a live gig on DVD. Extra tracks are Torture Me and live versions of Termination, Battle Cry and an AC/DC cover of Whole Lotta Rosie. I came across it quite accidentally but as I had never heard a single song by them before that and always wanted to check them out I couldn’t pass on it. The sound quality of the DVD is not that good but it’s much fun to watch the boys making fools out of themselves with their hilarious stage outfits and their battleaxes. Embarrassing!

@Greeno & TVF –
The track list for the Anthrax bonus disc: Safe Home (Radio Edit), Grunt & Click, Dethroned Emperor, Celebrated Summer, Watchin' You, Auf Wiedersehen, Cowboy Song, London
Somewhere I read that it is basically just a compilation of Japanese bonus tracks and b sides. The two cover tunes are cool and I’m glad to have that disc but the real thing happens on the actual album, that’s for sure! Believe it or not but this is my first Anthrax album in 13 years. I was a big fan in the late 80s but when Joey had to leave I thought the magic was gone. I remember getting the Only single the day of it’s release which was actually a few weeks before the album. Didn’t like that one very much and therefore considered the band as dead.

@baldyboy –
Say, do you have a release date yet?

release date is the 23rd feb in the uk and europe.dunno about the states,we.re still looking for a distributer.if it goes to plan,there should be about 50 copies in the whole of the u.s in about 2 weeks-right greeno old buddy!
finding a proper u.s distributor is going on right now,i've sent my mate mick down to the south of france armed with some promo's-he was going to a record company forum there and was hoping to bump into brian slagel from metal blade and talk to him about his band and mine.you never know,we could get released properly in the states yet.
i'm with you on the anthrax thing sarge,i brought all thier albums up until persistance of time,but after joey left,for some reason,i didnt bother anymore-its not like i dont like john bush cause i do-he was a great singer for the saint and all,but it just didnt appeal.funny one that.

baldyboy said:
there should be about 50 copies in the whole of the u.s in about 2 weeks-right greeno old buddy!

Just trying to help out my friend. So if anyone on the board from the US wants a copy ley me know, we'll be selling them for $75 each. That does not include shipping costs of course. :) Juuuust kiding! Unless you're WILLING to pay $75, then we need to talk. :)

I'm with you guys on the Anthrax Bush years. The releases are not bad, just nothing special.