Biggest show I ever played!

smy1

Apr 8, 2006
Hamburg, Germany
www.faderhead.com
I know it's not metal but since quite a few of you like my electro project, I'll keep posting here occasionally until Andy or Lasse tell me to stop :)

This show was at WGT in Leipzig/Germany in front of 7000 people.

Hope you dig it. I was having a great time - and yea, I know the songtitle is somewhat "inspired" by Meshuggah. But nobody knows Meshuggah in dark electro :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dan: glad you like it! All of my songs are in the player on the right side of http://www.faderhead.com - you can even just leave it playing and it'll play song after song!

The guy on the right starts/stops playback and does loops and filters. The guy in the middle adds the occasional drumsample (via mpc1000) and plays synth leads over the top of the playback. He also has the backup laptop (just in case the main one crashes) and does background vocals. The guy on the left only rocks out as hard as he can :)

So basically it's 80% playback, 15% vocals and 5% fiddling with electronics. We used to have drums and guitars and people didn't like it cause it didn't sound anything like the CD anymore. So now we are happy to travel with 2 backpacks and do soundchecks in 5 minutes - so much easier!

Dan: glad you like it! All of my songs are in the player on the right side of http://www.faderhead.com - you can even just leave it playing and it'll play song after song!

The guy on the right starts/stops playback and does loops and filters. The guy in the middle adds the occasional drumsample (via mpc1000) and plays synth leads over the top of the playback. He also has the backup laptop (just in case the main one crashes) and does background vocals. The guy on the left only rocks out as hard as he can :)

So basically it's 80% playback, 15% vocals and 5% fiddling with electronics. We used to have drums and guitars and people didn't like it cause it didn't sound anything like the CD anymore. So now we are happy to travel with 2 backpacks and do soundchecks in 5 minutes - so much easier!

Awesome. I understand and it's obviously the best way to remain faithful to the recordings in this genre. Let me know if you ever hit Spain!