Biomechanical - Eight Moons

RETIREDTrapped

New Metal Member
Sep 12, 2001
This album is totally killer. It's the most original peice of metal i have heard in years, possibly even since hearing Nevermore's The Politics of Ecstasy or Deaths' The Sound of Perseverance.

This band is amazing. It can't even begin to categorize them, it's like schitzo metal. It goes from Nevermore style prog thrash, to power metal, to pantera style riffing, then to psychotic waltz-esque time sig stuff, it truly is multi faced metal.

The biggest thing to stand out with this band is the vocalist. He's the most versatile vocalist i've heard for a long time, up there with Devin Townsend and Warrel Dane. From a high pitched yell, to a death growl, and everything in between, this guy does it with agression, i can just imagine him in the studio, throwin 'tha horns and screaming "GODDAMN METAL!!". He's so agressive that's it's not funny, it's like Strapping Young Lad, but alot darker, and much more serious (not that Devin's humour is a bad thing :D ).

The best track on here is The Awakening. You can download it from their site, and i highyl reccomend you do. It absolutely slays anything out there today. I have faith that this bband will be the future of metal, the metal of the 00's. If Nevermore's next release, Enemies of reality, is as dissapointing as (the extremely yawn-able) Dead Heart in a Dead World, then definately, yeah, this band will be THE leaders of metal, the guys to carry the torch for another ten years.

Just when you think this band has done it all, "point of no return" smacks you in the face. Deep vocals that sentenced only wish they could acheive, then he comes in with a growl, and then some Warrel Dane falsetto that actually reminds me (shock horror) of Sebastian Bach at times... Then it goes proggy as hell and he growls and yells his balls off.

You simply have to hear it to understand how good it is... This is the melding of genres that metal should be, not a divided, fighting community arguing about who is more "true" than who. Screw genres, listen to Biomechanical, it totally transcends the nasty little buggers...!

-Trapped

From what I can tell from the flash on the site, they sound worth a listen. The only problem is my ActiveX controls are screwed to hell... So I was wondering, could anyone send me the mp3? (And/Or any other mp3's you might have from Biomechanical)

Thanks in advanced for anyone who does.