blaahhh my day off sucked

xfer

I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS
Nov 8, 2001
New York City
www.geocities.com
i took Aysha to the airport and packed her off to Los Angeles. she was digging in her bag when the woman asked where she was going and i said "L.A." and Aysha was like "No, Kentucky" (i forgot she was going there for a couple of days en route) and the woman gave her this evil gaze and i think was responsible for getting her pulled for security shakedown later. they even made her take her kitty out of her kitty carrier and felt it to make sure it wasn't a bombcat.

then i went shopping to make myself feel better and spent $70 at Newbury Comics. i bought sunglasses, "V for Vendetta", "Watchmen" (for my boss; his last day is Friday), the new Cure CD, and something else.

i went home and cleaned up, and then Bill and I went to the Polyphonic Spree, which was...oh, I'll post that on the Polyphonic Spree thread!

anyway the day was pretty much a downer right up until the end.

bombcat???

kitten6.jpg

i've only listened to it twice, so i gotta give it some more spins. but right now i would put it just above "wild mood swings" on the cure album rankings.

even the single, which is kind of catchy/fun, is only "good" for a shitty band. not good for the cure!!

an indication of how underwhelmed i am by this album is that i brought it to work with me this morning, but i haven't bothered to put it in yet, and i'm listening to Jeff Mangum instead.

a surefire way to end a miserable day is to listen to those cable TV piped-in digital music channels. they (suprisingly) dredge up songs that you'll have totally forgotten about and which will remind you of days long gone, a rawness lost and may even bring about some cleansing tears.