Blabbermirror: IRON MAIDEN To Leave SANCTUARY ARTIST MANAGEMENT?

I don't really care. Neither of the two parties will get out of it as ruined people...

What bugs me more is that I bought the new Maiden yesterday, but I am afraid to put it on. I have not listened to the scraps and bits on the web before, so the experience will be entirely new. And the cover is already shitty....

Occam's Razor said:
What bugs me more is that I bought the new Maiden yesterday, but I am afraid to put it on. I have not listened to the scraps and bits on the web before, so the experience will be entirely new. And the cover is already shitty....

I think I have the fear phase before I plunk the money down. :)

Well, it is Maiden, one of the few bands whose records I usually buy automatically - except for best ofs, live albums and singles, etc.

And Bruce Dickinson can make something out of shit. I'd like to hear him sing a stinker like "Virus".

I was wrong, Bruce is as boring here as on the last one. I put this to discussion:

Blaze Bayley put more variation and heart into his two Maiden albums than Bruce since the reunion. This lack of versatility goes for the entire band as well.

Occam's Razor said:
Blaze Bayley put more variation and heart into his two Maiden albums than Bruce since the reunion.
You'lll get no argument from me on that score. I really wish that Bayley had been on board for Brave New World. I confess to enjoying this album as is, but I am not going to go out in the front yard and do somersaults about it and think that Bayley would have really injected some more energy and dynamics into the album. Dance of Death is beyond redemption for me at this point. I pulled it out again awhile back and it seemed just as boring and bland as the first time I tried to talk myself into liking it. Polished and sanded to a fine sheen that makes everything sound sterile and lifeless.

I have not heard the new one so cannot comment on that yet.

I think that Brave New World sounded kind of fresh when it came out. It was again with Bruce, but the overall feel was ot comparable to previous albums with him. Now they are sticking to that formula for three albums - there is no development, and Bruce's singing is clearly uninspired and clinging to the same old melodies - a complaint I have about his recent solo stuff as well. It just sounds like old men, which is not a bad thing per se, only that in this case, it is smug and satisfied old men.

It makes me cringe when I hear people praising the new progressivity in Maiden - have they ever heard any progressive music? It is not that drawn out songs are highly; neither is the use of an orchestra.