Blabbermouth posts 2 exclusive Live tracks from Alive 2

t-rave said:
nice to hear them played like the original versions again! Spitz sounds great! Joey sounds good too! Actually Joey sounds a little more aggressive these days.

right on ... this is what I noticed as well ... the crunch is back and so is that full fucking Anthrax sound ... the substitutes are out ... this really ripped !!!

Fucking Joey ... man, after hearing those tracks ... I really missed this man !!! :kickass:

Wait one thing I've been confused about with the wording of the Thrax press release and the Blabbermouth posts is, have they kept Sayreville as the show where the DVD and audio recordings take place in its entirety or have they taken 13 different performances throughout the tour and put them on? Because the latter would totally suck. :(

Shit dude Among the Living made me want to mosh it up here in my living room. I am the law wasnt to bad either. Man i gotta get that CD and DVD.

Sounds great :) ... reminds me a lot of NFV. Classic stuff.

spacebeer said:
@Johnnie, of course it doesn;t change your opinion because you don't WANNA change it...

Not really, it's just because I already have Live: The Island Years and this sounds just the same - well not soundwise, of course it's a lot better, but it's the same thing. Anyway, Joey's weak falsetto still doesn't do anything for me.

johnnieCzech said:
Not really, it's just because I already have Live: The Island Years and this sounds just the same - well not soundwise, of course it's a lot better, but it's the same thing. Anyway, Joey's weak falsetto still doesn't do anything for me.

At least he has the balls to leave his actual performance on the record/DVD and not double/add in the studio....and it sounds damn good!

spacebeer said:
At least he has the balls to leave his actual performance on the record/DVD and not double/add in the studio....and it sounds damn good!

Yeah, you're right. But I have a question, it's titled Alive 2, but as far as I know, Anthrax has 3 live releases by now. Which one do they count out? Island or MoMD?

DarrellDethSDMF said:
I guess The Island Years is "Alive 1" because it's the same line-up...

Maybe. Or maybe they actually count Island out because they always said that they didn't want to release that album. But Scott might have changed his opinion about it, just like in the "Madhouse Best Of" case.

It sounds like 1987 all over again. Back when we all had mullets, and wore those stupid shorts. Back when people said "Anthrax is cool, but that singer........." Those days are back my friends. And it sucks. My opinion. 1,000,000 steps back. Sorry.

FATLAX said:
It sounds like 1987 all over again. Back when we all had mullets, and wore those stupid shorts. Back when people said "Anthrax is cool, but that singer........." Those days are back my friends. And it sucks. My opinion. 1,000,000 steps back. Sorry.

I have to agree, even though the sound is much better than in 1987.