Black Dahlia Murder announce new bassist

I'm guessin he's prolly just over touring. I feel like 9/10 most member changes are from dudes just being over it. I can say from experience touring is rough and when you're over it, you're over it.

they are awesome...especially from nocturnal on. i still don't 100% dig the leads from the dude who used to play in arsis, but what are you gonna do...

Nocturnal will always be my second favorite album of all time. I spin it about twice a week and have done that since it came out. I agree somewhat about Ryan Knights leads but I got used to them

I dig Ritual more than Nocturnal or Deflorate. The newer stuff just seems a bit too polished sounding and seems like they are running out of interesting ideas.

I've been a massive fan of this band since Unhallowed came out. Least favorite record was Deflorate, but all the others I can listen to on repeat for days basically. Bart was definitely an awesome bassist!

Nocturnal will always be my second favorite album of all time. I spin it about twice a week and have done that since it came out. I agree somewhat about Ryan Knights leads but I got used to them

i definitely consider nocturnal to be one of the best albums of the 2000's. deflorate, though...i just act like that one didn't happen, and that ritual is the true killer follow-up

i still can't get used to that guy's solos, though...although he's extremely talented, his super-fluid and melodic leads just do not fit the rest of the composition IMO

But isnt ritual the newest one?

Yeah, I'm just saying the newer stuff in general. "Unhallowed" and "Miasma" just get me pumped more than anything after. But "Ritual" has it's share of good tunes. A lot of the newer stuff just seems too drone-y to me.

Old guys soloing was fucking awful, uninspired and some of the worst vibrato I've ever heard. Just really bad rehashed licks, lots of minor pentatonic stuff and general wanking. Ryan Knight's got some tasty licks as well as insane vibrato.

the old guy's solos WERE awful, but in a perfect way. disjointed, meandering, random...and fit in perfectly with the riffs

Old guys soloing was fucking awful, uninspired and some of the worst vibrato I've ever heard. Just really bad rehashed licks, lots of minor pentatonic stuff and general wanking. Ryan Knight's got some tasty licks as well as insane vibrato.

They were pretty bad but they picked up a lot (for me at least) on Nocturnal.
Ryan's solos are obviously a whole other world but the full on shred can get pretty boring at times.