Black Lion mods

brianhood

No Care Ever
i know some of you guys have gotten your digi 002/003 modded by black lion, and i'm sure you're all happy with the difference. I just wanted to know if it would be worth the extra $450 to get the Signature upgrade($1250) instead of the Tweakhead upgrade($800).
Is the 220/270SP master clock upgrade really that big of a difference over the master clock upgrade that comes with the Tweakhead upgrade? That's the only difference between the two upgrades(other than the sweet black lion decal, which i dont care about).

Would my money be better spent getting an API A2D?

Or should i just get both?

I like to be 100% sure about things before i spend that much money, and unfortunately i dont know much on the technical side of things yet.

also, anyone own one of their auteur pre's or sparrow micro a/d converters??

I will be able to tell you pretty soon. I have the tweakhead mod already and plan to get that signature mod in a few weeks! Black Lion has been pretty good to me thus far. My digi002 has had to go to them twice for service, once was a op amp for the monitors that was humming (they fixed free of charge besides shipping). Then a few weeks ago they paid all the shipping as I fried my firewire chip for the second time now on it (thank god i got a backup digi002 for my studio) well they fixed for 70.00 where Digidesgn repair shop charged me 200.00 and some change a few years ago to fix this. Also when your 002 is modded the Digidesgn repair shop will not touch it or will rip your mods out and return to stock if they do. So thank god Black Lion audio is like 1/3 the price for repairs and does repairs!!

Oh and did I mention there mods sound great!

I would say go for it Brian if you got the cash and upgrade your preamps and stuff after the mod. Ive yet to see anyone complain about Black Lion and there mods or service personally and that says a lot to me.....

I will be able to tell you pretty soon. I have the tweakhead mod already and plan to get that signature mod in a few weeks! Black Lion has been pretty good to me thus far. My digi002 has had to go to them twice for service, once was a op amp for the monitors that was humming (they fixed free of charge besides shipping). Then a few weeks ago they paid all the shipping as I fried my firewire chip for the second time now on it (thank god i got a backup digi002 for my studio) well they fixed for 70.00 where Digidesgn repair shop charged me 200.00 and some change a few years ago to fix this. Also when your 002 is modded the Digidesgn repair shop will not touch it or will rip your mods out and return to stock if they do. So thank god Black Lion audio is like 1/3 the price for repairs and does repairs!!

Oh and did I mention there mods sound great!

I would say go for it Brian if you got the cash and upgrade your preamps and stuff after the mod. Ive yet to see anyone complain about Black Lion and there mods or service personally and that says a lot to me.....

thanks for the info dude! I dont have a backup 003, so guess i'll have to wait until i have a break in my schedule to send it in to them. I still dont have a clue if the Signature upgrade is worth the extra $450.

Could anyone tell me exactly what the 220/270SP master clock would really do?