Black Rose Immortal (solo)

Desperation

New Metal Member
Sep 8, 2007
I got the tab from ultimate-guitar.com, but the solo is missing. In the comments section, someone tabbed the solo as:

|-12~12~-15-13-12--13~--151312-1312---12---------------------------------|
|----------------------------------15---1513-151312-1312---12------------|
|-------------------------------------------------------14---1412-1412---|
|------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|--------------------------------12151312------1312-----------------|
|-----1213151312-------------1315--------121315----15---------------|
|-1214----------1412---------------------------------14-12----------|
|-------------------151412---------------------------------15-12----|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

|----------------------------|
|--3////15~-15p14p12---------|
|-------------------15p14p12-|

It seems rather... off. Anyone have the correct solo? (It's from 8:14 - 8:28)

And I'm aware it's too late to ask now, but is asking about an Opeth tab on the Opeth forum acceptable? Sorry, and thanks for the trouble.

If it had the musical notation I would plug it into GP5 and see how it sounds, that why I only get Guitar Pro tabs instead of text tabs, it's so much easier to play when you have musical notation.

It's not unacceptable, but it's not probable that you would get any help if you post here looking for a specific tab or transcription. That "version" of the solo is pretty off and I would suggest looking for a better tab or just trying out Guitarpro or Powertab because some of the best tabs require one of those programs. Guitarpro is, in my opinion, a lot better, and you can import Powertab files with Guitarpro 5.

It's not unacceptable, but it's not probable that you would get any help if you post here looking for a specific tab or transcription. That "version" of the solo is pretty off and I would suggest looking for a better tab or just trying out Guitarpro or Powertab because some of the best tabs require one of those programs. Guitarpro is, in my opinion, a lot better, and you can import Powertab files with Guitarpro 5.

First of all, I don't mean this in an argumentative way, antipunx. :)This is a serious question: are you in a position to answer whether or not posting tabs for Opeth songs here is or isn't acceptable? Nothing about it in the FAQ (Tabs are the first FAQ item, incidentally), but that doesn't mean I'm not missing something here. I know there was some tab controversy not long ago with the MPA, but I never heard what became of that. Does anyone know? Tab is still accessible at many locations, it isn't underground at all...

Actually, I admit that I'm not in a position to answer that question. I just thought there was no problem with tabs like this. I know there was a huge problem with tabs that are opened by Guitarpro and Powertab, but I never heard any mention of these kinds of tabs (the "typed out" ones), but I'm still wondering what's going on in this controversy or if it's even an "issue" anymore. Mysongbook, where I used to get my Guitarpro tabs, said that they are gonna start charging small fees for the tabs or something haha. I actually haven't read the rules, or rules regarding this topic, on this forum, but I know there are band forums that allow tabs and even have sections for tabs...so I guess I just assumed.

Actually, I admit that I'm not in a position to answer that question. I just thought there was no problem with tabs like this. I know there was a huge problem with tabs that are opened by Guitarpro and Powertab, but I never heard any mention of these kinds of tabs (the "typed out" ones), but I'm still wondering what's going on in this controversy or if it's even an "issue" anymore. Mysongbook, where I used to get my Guitarpro tabs, said that they are gonna start charging small fees for the tabs or something haha. I actually haven't read the rules, or rules regarding this topic, on this forum, but I know there are band forums that allow tabs and even have sections for tabs...so I guess I just assumed.

Cool. Just wondering if you knew something I didn't.

I know for a while that powertabs.net took all their tabs down during the whole tabs vs the sheet music industry debacle. I started going to ultimate-guitar around that time. I think a big reason why ultimate guitar was able to go under the radar was because they are based out of russia and maybe the same laws dont apply there.

Text tabs and guitar pro tabs that aren't powertab copies are for people that hate accuracy. There's a powertab of black rose immortal that's probably 90% accurate and includes all the solos, get that. Open it in guitar pro if you really want, since it doesn't have a bass line included guitar pro won't mangle it.

I know for a while that powertabs.net took all their tabs down during the whole tabs vs the sheet music industry debacle. I started going to ultimate-guitar around that time. I think a big reason why ultimate guitar was able to go under the radar was because they are based out of russia and maybe the same laws dont apply there.

Powertabs.net has been back up for like, 2 years. They were down for maybe a month or two. However the server has been down the last 3 days ><

Text tabs and guitar pro tabs that aren't powertab copies are for people that hate accuracy. There's a powertab of black rose immortal that's probably 90% accurate and includes all the solos, get that. Open it in guitar pro if you really want, since it doesn't have a bass line included guitar pro won't mangle it.

IMO guitarpro is easier to use. It isn't really fair to say gp tabs aren't accurate; there are many that are very good that aren't powertab copies. Unfortunately, many of those were on the mysongbook site. A lot of the ones on ultimate-guitar suck though, admittedly.

Wow, I feel like a moron. Whenever there was a correct part in a powertab that wasn't in the guitar pro tab I would tab it out. When all I have to do was click import under file.
<----Fails.

Bleh. Alright, I'm on my school's Mac (We get Mac laptops) so I can't get Power Tab or Guitar Pro. I'm grounded from my computer (Which has Power Tab, not going to pay for Guitar Pro), so I have to use text tabs.

Bleh. Alright, I'm on my school's Mac (We get Mac laptops) so I can't get Power Tab or Guitar Pro. I'm grounded from my computer (Which has Power Tab, not going to pay for Guitar Pro), so I have to use text tabs.

There's a mac version of guitar pro, unless you mean you can't install programs at all. If you get it off a torrent site you don't have to pay the ludicrously overpriced fee :p