Black Sabbath: The Martin Years

I'm totally frustrated that TYR is out of print. There was a remastered edition that I wanted, but now it's gone......CURSES!!!

Tony Martin is/was as good of a metal vocalist as there is. His voice is absolutely brilliant. From a purely technical standpoint, he blew Ronnie out of the water, though who someone "likes" better is certainly subjective, and it's tough to beat "the voice of metal" RIP.
Tony's release with Misha Calvin's Evolution I is also outstanding. It sounds more like Whitesnake than Sabbath. but Tony is on fire.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmCIZQHD6Y8&feature=related[/ame]

Bryant

Last edited by a moderator:
I like all the martin era albums...my fav being tyr-i love this album! and i think the viking mythology theme fits the bands perfect...tony was supposed to do a 20th anniversery tour for headless and was going to play near me but it got cancelled :(

Headless Cross is actually one of my favorite Sabbath albums. The only Martin-era album I don't like very much is The Eternal Idol. Maybe because I haven't given it enough listens. But I do love the track "The Shining."

I'm totally frustrated that TYR is out of print. There was a remastered edition that I wanted, but now it's gone......CURSES!!!

Just find a used original copy. The remastered one probably sounds like shit anyways(loudness war, etc.).

Martin doesn't get enough credit, especially when you consider he was the second longest front man for Sabbath. The first three albums are great, with Idol being a classic in its own right. Forbidden however stunk – it sounds phoned in to me.

Martin years were great. Headless Cross, Nightwing, The Shining, Valhalla, Born To Lose were great songs and Martin is a very good vocal indeed. Headless Cross and Eternal Idol are my favourite albums from Martin years.