Black Sabbath

Keenan

Crippling Self Doubt
Apr 9, 2009
Florida
We haven't had a new thread on here in a while, so I thought I'd make one about the original Metal band.

I never realized how easy (yet brilliant) Tony Iommi's guitar riffs are. Some of the best being Symptom of the Universe, Electric Funeral, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Iron Man (of course lol) NIB, CHILDREN OF THE FUCKING GRAVE and plenty others. And Tony's acoustic playing is equally as amazing, see Planet Caravan, Embryo, Orchid, Fluff etc etc.

Why do Technical Ecstasy and Never Say Die! get so much shit? Yes they were a little different but each has 3 or 4 amazing songs in my opinion, so they're not all bad. I've yet to get past Ozzy era Sabbath but if these 2 are Sabbath's worst.... then.... DAMN. :lol:

Now playing - War Pigs :D

You've saved us all from me making a thread about old school rap. Kudos.

Never Say Die isn't all that great, the only BS w/ Dio that I like is Heaven and Hell. Other than that, it's the S/T or Paranoid.

Nothing beats SYMPTOM OF THE UNIVERSE

A LOVE THAT NEVER DIES

Last edited by a moderator:
Killing Yourself to Live is great. The main riff of Sabbath Bloody Sabbath is kickass as well. :kickass:

I have a hard time choosing just one..i like a lot of Black Sabbath songs..for example Fairies Wear Boots,Iron Man,Sweet Leaf,Into The Void,Black Sabbath etc etc

Master Of Reality is one of the greatest albums of all time IMO, and Into The Void is one of my favourite songs of all time. Paranoid (the album) is overrated though, but still, their first 6 albums are all awesome, but I haven't really paid much attention beyond those albums tbh.

With Ozzy its all legendary and shit, yeah we all know that. I only listen to the stuff with Dio. Its all amazing. With Ozzy there's some songs I do like a lot.

Master Of Reality is one of the greatest albums of all time IMO, and Into The Void is one of my favourite songs of all time. Paranoid (the album) is overrated though, but still, their first 6 albums are all awesome, but I haven't really paid much attention beyond those albums tbh.

I don't think Paranoid is overrated. Every song is perfect in my opinion, thus making it one of the greatest metal albums ever :)

Black Sabbath - 8/10
Paranoid - 10/10
Master of Reality - 10/10
Vol. 4 - 9/10
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath - 9/10
Sabotage - 9/10
Technical Ectasy - 6/10
Never Say Die! - 5/10

Those are all of the ones I own.

^I have those plus Heaven And Hell and Dehumaniser. I really would need to listen through them all again as I can't remember them all exactly. The ones that get the most play from me are; Black Sabbath, Master Of Reality, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and Sabotage.

I definately wouldn't rate Volume 4 as a nine though. Maybe a seven. But only because it has that middle three of Supernaut, Snowblind and Cornucopia. The rest of it doesn't do that much for me.

I don't think Paranoid is overrated. Every song is perfect in my opinion, thus making it one of the greatest metal albums ever :)

Black Sabbath - 8/10
Paranoid - 10/10
Master of Reality - 10/10
Vol. 4 - 9/10
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath - 9/10
Sabotage - 9/10
Technical Ectasy - 6/10
Never Say Die! - 5/10

Those are all of the ones I own.

Paranoid has some classics, War Pigs, Iron Man, Paranoid and Planet Caravan, but the rest of tha album is pretty average in my opinion (apart from Rat Salad, which is pretty good). I much much prefer Master Of Reality, which every song is thoroughly awesome (Only problem is the short instrumentals Embryo and Orchid, which dont add much imo, but the album is still ridiculously good with or without them)

Vol. 4 gets a 9 in my opinion because it starts off with "Wheels of Confusion/The Straightener" which I LOVE, has those middle three you mentioned, and ends with "Under the Sun/Every Day Comes and Goes" which has an AMAZING riff and is a great song.

Paranoid has fucking ELECTRIC FUNERAL. :kickass:
(plus the ones you mentioned obviously lol)

I also have Heaven and Hell, which at points sounds a little tiring...... but still overall a great album. 8/10

Vol. 4 gets a 9 in my opinion because it starts off with "Wheels of Confusion/The Straightener" which I LOVE, has those middle three you mentioned, and ends with "Under the Sun/Every Day Comes and Goes" which has an AMAZING riff and is a great song.

Paranoid has fucking ELECTRIC FUNERAL. :kickass:
(plus the ones you mentioned obviously lol)

I also have Heaven and Hell, which at points sounds a little tiring...... but still overall a great album. 8/10

I never understood what was so good about Electric Funeral. Always seemed dull to me