Black Sabbath

I wouldn't call them underrated.... They ARE in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and a bunch of other HoF's soooo........ Regardless, they own you. And your soul. :lol:

Underrated? :lol: Sabbath are hardly underrated!

they were underrated at the beginning of their carrer cause many disliked their music cause it hasn't anything to do with "music" for them. Now they are very popular that's true, cause many bands refer to them..
And: Black Sabbath couldn't even afford proper equipment at the beginning they played with half drum sticks and destroyed drum sets.
very unnatural for a popular band. Today bands get everything: perfect Production, modern equipment, and all this shit.

If I remember correctly, Sabbath is the only metal band to outsell Metallica when it comes to album sales. And we all know how overrated Metallica is (doesn't mean I love them any less).

But, ALOT of record companies took advantage of Sabbath to suck sales from em. Just check Metal Archives.com, look at their discography. There's a SHITLOAD of first 4 albums greatest hit compilations.

True, but they also have Paranoid, which is far better than anything Metallica put out.

If you ask any metal band who is more influential, Black Sabbath or Metallica, a larger majority will say Sabbath. Every member of that band created something for metal, hell they CREATED metal. Every documentary on metal says that Sabbath was the first metal band. Without Sabbath, there would be no Metallica, Priest, Maiden, Pantera, Evile, Megadeth, Motorhead. Sabbath is far from underrated. Every metalhead knows that Sabbath started it all, so every metalhead gives (and should give) the same amount of worship to Sabbath as they do their favorite band.