Black Tears cover studio session :)

Neuromancer

Jul 8, 2006
Turkey
Hello guys,

This one was from a studio session 5 years ago :) There are 3 guitarists (me being on vox & rhythm guitars), one of them was a friend who wanted to play with us on that session. Sorry for the poor sound quality, since the video was recorded with a photo camera :D

I will record a nicer version of the song very soon...

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds pretty good even though the quality is quite poor :) . It would be better with lower vocals (and I hope that your new record has lower vocals:)).

wait.........so you covered a cover of a dying sun song?

a typical outcome of a bad english :)

Sounds pretty good even though the quality is quite poor :) . It would be better with lower vocals (and I hope that your new record has lower vocals:)).

yes i will sing the song in lower key when recording, i had to sing it in a higher key in the video, because neither me nor the band members could hear the vocals since the studio room was so loud :lol:

a typical outcome of a bad english :)

yes i will sing the song in lower key when recording, i had to sing it in a higher key in the video, because neither me nor the band members could hear the vocals since the studio room was so loud :lol:

That's great! I really wait for your cover of Black Tears:headbang:

Hey the 5th note on the melodic guitar line is different. I don't have my guitar handy but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to go up to the previous note and not go down in pitch.

About the vocals, I've wondered about that before. The low register thing. I mean sure in a studio it's easier to perform and not worry about loudness but in a live situation you'd get buried in the mix.
I guess you have to have a bass register voice to be able to project those low goth style vocals?
I'm envious of these singers with such great range!

HORRIBLE compared to the standards set by the previous two. (Even considering the Bad quality). Just Being Honest here.

I thought it sounded like shit, especially the vocals. But hey - it was 5 years ago... Maybe whoever's singing is the fucken Celine Dion of metal these days and the faulty guitarist got himself a pair of ears, new and improved, to pick the right notes with.

When you are on the bottom - the only way is up.

Hey the 5th note on the melodic guitar line is different. I don't have my guitar handy but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to go up to the previous note and not go down in pitch.

About the vocals, I've wondered about that before. The low register thing. I mean sure in a studio it's easier to perform and not worry about loudness but in a live situation you'd get buried in the mix.
I guess you have to have a bass register voice to be able to project those low goth style vocals?
I'm envious of these singers with such great range!

it was almost impossible for the guitarists to hear my vocals when i sang the song in the low key (the original vocals) in a very loud studio. so i had to sing it in a higher tone to make the vocals audible, and lost the control of the vocals many times because i was not used to sing it that way. yes, you are right, when singing the song while recording with cubase, you don't have to worry about the loudness, while you can compress the sound as you like :)
i will sing the song with goth like vocals in the low key in the next cover !

HORRIBLE compared to the standards set by the previous two. (Even considering the Bad quality). Just Being Honest here.

I thought it sounded like shit, especially the vocals. But hey - it was 5 years ago... Maybe whoever's singing is the fucken Celine Dion of metal these days and the faulty guitarist got himself a pair of ears, new and improved, to pick the right notes with.

When you are on the bottom - the only way is up.

hehe, yeah it was 5 years ago and we improved a lot, but i'm still not the Celine Dion of metal these days :lol: i guess maybe i should make a few pop covers, but i think i can live with that :)

normally i wouldn't post a video with such quality (sound quality&performance) to here, but i wanted my each attempt (good or bad) to cover Dan Swanö songs, to be seen. i think i should cover my bad tracks with a brand new recorded cover of Black Tears :D

If there were only enough interesting shit to reply to I'd be here fucken all summer long. And fall. But since there's hardly not enough talk about me in all my glory I guess I'll just pop in on various occasions.