Black Tide?

Corrupted Innocence

Sentenced To Dusk drummer
Apr 28, 2007
Montana, USA
www.trevordelay.com
So last week I went to a local store and bought the new Black Tide album, 'Light From Above', and I instantly fell in love with it. The vocals[which are performed by a fifteen-year-old kid], guitar solos, drumline, and the whole atmosphere about it is just awesome. It's like nineteen eighty-something all over again, only renewed. Has anyone else heard this album yet? If so, what are your opinions?

Keep if Metal. :headbang:

For me it's the best 2008 album for now. It's simple but good classic Heavy Metal. They play live here next month or so, I'm gonna try to see them !!

instantly enjoyed it and hearing all of their influences in the music yet still having their own style.

They played a free bee gig here last week at the Whiskey and I was going to go until I found out they didn't take the stage till late (working in a.m.) so I had to decline. Good thing I did as the crowd got a bit rowdy.. I still want to see them but will pass on the upcoming festival tour.

I really like this bands. In my opinion, Light From Above is the best album from 2008 so far. This band could make real metal popular again.

I think it's just okay, in fact the review copy I got I gave away to someone that would give it more milage. I think bands like Sanctity do this hybrid thing better, though I do find it exciting that kids that age can deliver a record like that. Beats releasing another emo, metal-core or death-core album...

Hopefully this band will do good for the US metal scene, and yes they are good. However, Hibria is the shit when it comes to this new power-style prog/metal with classic influences. Do yourself a favor and get Hibria's 'Defying The Rules!' I've listened to this style metal (classic power) for almost 30-years and after 1-listen of Hibria's DTR, it was an instant classic!

After so many positive posts in here I checked them at MySpace, I like it so I put their album in my wishlist for the next haul (besides it's cheap :D)

Very impressive. Just good, no nonsense Traditional Metal. Not totally my thing, but I like it. They're touring around here, but unfortunately it's on the Rockstar Energy Mayhem Festival with such enduring acts as Slipknot, Underoath, Walls of Jericho, and some more. I'd rather just see a small show with these guys and a few others, but I don't think I want to fork out all the money for this show just to see them. I'll keep my eyes peeled though.

They're touring around here, but unfortunately it's on the Rockstar Energy Mayhem Festival with such enduring acts as Slipknot, Underoath, Walls of Jericho, and some more.

Dragonforce, Disturded, Airbourne are some of the few acts on that tour worth seeing... Walls Of Jericho I like, they dropped off the tour months ago to work on a new album...

Yes, yes, I see everyone agrees they're a great band. Ever since I bought the album, I've played it at least once a day. It's kind of addicting, and to know that kids my own age produce this, it's amazing. Definitely my favorite album of 2008 so far.

As for the Mayhem Fest... I'm actually planning on going to the start of the tour in Seattle on July 9th. I'm mainly going to see Black Tide, DragonForce, Suicide Silence, and UnderOath. Honestly, I could care less for most of the other bands, but I can't pass it up. The problem is, it's like, sixty something dollars for four bands and some heavy mosh pits. Worth it? Maybe.
And then two or three weeks later, I'm hitting the Summer Slaughter tour in Spokane with ten of the sickest Death Metal bands out there... all for dirt cheap.

Oh, and does anyone know of a full report of the show Black Tide played for free not long ago? I heard some rough stuff went on...

Yes, yes, I see everyone agrees they're a great band. Ever since I bought the album, I've played it at least once a day. It's kind of addicting, and to know that kids my own age produce this, it's amazing. Definitely my favorite album of 2008 so far.

As for the Mayhem Fest... I'm actually planning on going to the start of the tour in Seattle on July 9th. I'm mainly going to see Black Tide, DragonForce, Suicide Silence, and UnderOath. Honestly, I could care less for most of the other bands, but I can't pass it up. The problem is, it's like, sixty something dollars for four bands and some heavy mosh pits. Worth it? Maybe.
And then two or three weeks later, I'm hitting the Summer Slaughter tour in Spokane with ten of the sickest Death Metal bands out there... all for dirt cheap.

Oh, and does anyone know of a full report of the show Black Tide played for free not long ago? I heard some rough stuff went on...

Well, I can see we're not in agreement. I said it was good, not "great." The more I listen to it, the more I don't really like it. It is impressive though. However, it is of my opinion that the Mayhem Fest would not be worth $60. Maybe $20, but I still wouldn't go. And I thought the Summer Slaughter looked a little shitty this year, even more so than last year. I guess it's just not my thing. US festivals and shows oftentimes seem to be getting worse and worse.