Black Wings of Destiny review up @ Vocal Martyr!

dragonlord kicks ass. im glad the new album got a decent rating. you kno i never new steve symth was in the nad until a couple days ago. i was looking a t pics and im like holly shit.....its that kick ass nevermore dude

I've been listening to the new album for the past 3 weeks now,
I dont want to reveal too much about my opinion, (because thats going to
be on a different thread and in details)
but lets just say two main things:
a) ME, playing an album for more than a week? thats a GREAT sign!!!
meaning only one thing.
b) calling Dragonlord Black-metal especially after that last album, is very untrue.. in my opinion....
dont take it the wrong way guys, i love you to pieces!! and the new album is
great,
but ... Im not so sure what your style of music is anymore.

with that being said, I will write a detailed opinion tomorrow
(when im not drinking wine..... hehe)

I thought the same thing. While the music is great and all, we can't say it's black metal (because most black metal isn't great and all :tickled: )

AsModEe said:
(because most black metal isn't great and all :tickled: )

Im sorry but I absolutely disagree, most BM is fantastic actually.

with that being said, I didn't mean by any ways that the new Dragonlord is not "good" or anyting, we both think its great, and its playing in my car every day,

but ... its honestly not BM anymore, im my opinion. (but hey, its all good)

I didn't really feel Rapture was BM anyway. And the fun fact is that most people on the Testament board think it's more learning towards BM than Rapture and therefore don't like the album so much (some are old school metal fans who don't like much of nowadays music anyway).

On my comment about BM being bad, well I get into BM more and more these days, and my opinion is changing. I don't like most the 90s scandinavian BM (Burzum, Darkthrone, etc) but I don't mind listening to Summoning, Falkenbach, Graveland and Aborym.

edit: I'm glad you like the cd, cause I'm kinda the one who reminded you to buy it and I would have felt bad if you didn't like it:p

^ Oh it was on my to-do list believe me ;) but thanks!

I take it back actually, it does lean towards BM more...
While repture was more Thrashy-black (and to be honest, i liked it more)
some songs sound more like BM on Black Wings,
and some sound like swedish-death metal to me,
its all a matter of opinion, and quit frankly, it doesn't matter that the style of the album is, as long as its a great one.
(and it is)

:wave: