Blackgates

I don't care about Don Nelson, but the original post....that isn't a link to a professional article, it's something some 10 year old buddy of Don wrote. I don't understand why we're even talking about it, it's as meaningless as Don Nelson himself was.
The "author" admits he's never even heard this band - but he's proclaiming them as the next big thing because he saw a fucking PHOTO and liked how they look?

:lol I never get tired of seeing the name Don Nelson! :kickass::headbang:

Big momentum? Nobody outside of a few on this forum even know who Don Nelson is. Momentum was when they did the Big 4 and Joey was back on the mic. You are not going to reinvent yourself with a band like Anthrax. They are an old school thrash band that really lost their identity a long time ago and have been struggling to find it ever since. Hopefully now they are content with just accepting the fact that they are Anthrax and putting out some quality Anthrax music.

Yes, big momentum.

They'd just come off playing big festivals across Europe, were getting good publicity from that and the metal media through promotion of the first 4 tracks they were being played from the new record, they were about to do a large arena tour in the US with Slipknot - probably the 2nd biggest metal band on the planet, oh, not to mention, they were soon to release their first record of new material in 6 years. It's got nothing to do with the basic metal fan knowing the lead singer's name - it's about the Anthrax brand.

Tell me that - compared to anything that's happened to Anthrax since about 2004, isn't big momentum. Playing the Big 4 shows was a great nostalgia trip for a few weeks, but if you call that momentum - I think you need to grab a Thesaurus.

I don't care about Don Nelson, but the original post....that isn't a link to a professional article, it's something some 10 year old buddy of Don wrote. I don't understand why we're even talking about it, it's as meaningless as Don Nelson himself was.
The "author" admits he's never even heard this band - but he's proclaiming them as the next big thing because he saw a fucking PHOTO and liked how they look?

I agree with this, on the other hand, the 10 year old guy is right about Anthrax

Don Nelson......... I don't get it. :erk:

Please explain so that I to can partake in this hilarious joke.

It's not a hilarious joke, but it WILL get to the stage where Dan Nelson will have to change his name legally to Don Nelson because everyone on Earth will think that's his real name.

"Dan Nelson? Who?"

"No man, DON Nelson. You know, the guy that shat on Frank Bello."

"Oh right, that guy."

It's not a hilarious joke, but it WILL get to the stage where Dan Nelson will have to change his name legally to Don Nelson because everyone on Earth will think that's his real name.

"Dan Nelson? Who?"

"Oh right, that guy."

Everyone on Earth on hell you mean?

"Dan Nelson? Who?"

"Oh right, that guy."
+
yes
shitting on Frankie, that's about everything Don Nelson ever did for Anthrax. and that's about the only thing he will be remembered for in the metal-scene, Don Nelson, the guy that shat on Frank Bello.

+
yes
shitting on Frankie, that's about everything Don Nelson ever did for Anthrax. and that's about the only thing he will be remembered for in the metal-scene, Don Nelson, the guy that shat on Frank Bello.

Or MAYBE he'll put out a kick ass metal record with well known musicians which might outsell the new Anthrax, IF it ever comes out.

I have nothing against Don Nelson - it's not like Phil Anselmo is some amazing guy anyway, he's a big douche too. So I'd happily buy a Don Nelson album if it was any good. I haven't bought anything Phil's done outwith Pantera.

I have nothing against Don Nelson - it's not like Phil Anselmo is some amazing guy anyway, he's a big douche too. So I'd happily buy a Don Nelson album if it was any good. I haven't bought anything Phil's done outwith Pantera.

I will have to stongly disagree with this one. Phil is one of he best frontmen in the history of metal.

I actually like Down "Nola" more than any Pantera album. I also really like Superjoint Ritual.... though i get it if some people don't, it's definitely some crazy stuff! I even like his latest release Arson Anthem.

I can't stand the damageplan album. I thought that was a very very bad album with generic songs and terrible vocals.

If you have never heard Down you are missing out big time. That to me is real music. It is not extreme metal is is just good, heavy as fuck, southern rock/metal with a twist.

As much as I loved Dime's guitar playing, I truly believe Phil Anselmo was equally a part of why Pantera was so great. Before he joined the band the were nothing less than a bunch of glam rock dudes. After Phil joined they started to get heavier and heavier and became one of he best metal bands of all time.