hogan666

Mar 7, 2006
Mannheim, Germany
www.liquid-artz.com
Hey Guys,

someone played one of them?
Looks a bit like a Mesa OS Clone to me.

--

Looking for a nice quality 4x12 in near future.
Got my eyes on used Mesa OS (straight) Cabs, Orange (having no wheels suck imo) & maybe the Blackstar (which is the half pricey compared to a mesa).

I know, that I need to play these cabs in a quiet minute before buying (only played the mesa & orange live), but I just like to hear your opinion. :kickass:

Amp: 5150, Guitar: Fender Jim Root Tele + Framus Camarillo. Both Drop C.
Style: No Metalcore-Stuff. More to the Machine Head direction.

Cheers, Markus.

I've got a Blackstar Artisan 4x12 which looks basically identical to the series one. If you hit me up with some DI's I could reamp some stuff through it next week sometime.

Quality's great tbh. Really well built cab. Blackstar seem to be getting more popular with touring bands at the mo so I'd expect they handle life on the road well.

I wouldn't say it's the same as the Mesa, as the Mesa has V30's that are voiced differently than a stock V30. Mind you I've not really played them side by side much to analyse the difference. The dimensions of the cab are almost identical to the Mesa though.

Quality's great tbh. Really well built cab. Blackstar seem to be getting more popular with touring bands at the mo so I'd expect they handle life on the road well.

I wouldn't say it's the same as the Mesa, as the Mesa has V30's that are voiced differently than a stock V30. Mind you I've not really played them side by side much to analyse the difference. The dimensions of the cab are almost identical to the Mesa though.

dimensions doesn't matter as much as weight. How much does the blackstar weigh?