Thinking of getting a Blackstar series one

mickrich

Aug 2, 2007
Anyone used one.
I am thinking about the Series one 100 since shared EQ makes no difference to me for studio use. I don't play live.
I can it get it trade price through the distributor. (I used to own a guitar shop)
They seem to be getting a lot of pro users lately and would give me another option in the studio.
I already have:
Mesa triple recto
Peavey 6505
H&K Triamp II
Marshall DSL100
Marshall 8100

I would probably sell the DSL if I get the Blackstar. I love the DSL's green channel but the red is horrible. I am hoping the Blackstar will give me a clean tone as good as the DSL plus a great high gain EL34 tone. I should be able to borrow one to try it out before buying but it would help if anyone here has used one before I arrange to try it out.
Thanks
Michael

The 100 and 200 sounded very different to each other when I tried them a couple years ago, I think there's more to it than just the shared EQ.

Either way I remember being completely blown away by the 200, probably my favourite amp I've ever tried at a guitar store.

I saw & heard Anders from Katatonia using one at a show, sounded awesome to me. Probably one of the top amps out there these days.