Peavey JSX. Should I get it?

mickrich

Aug 2, 2007
I can get a JSX head by trading my never used ENGL cab with V30s plus E200.
I was hoping to sell the cab and get a Blackstar Series one but the JSX is tempting at that deal.
I already have:
Mesa Triple Recto, 6505, H&K Triamp II, Marshall DSL100 and Marshall 8100 heads.

What should I do?
Need to decide quickly.

I'd do it if you never use the ENGL cab. The JSX's sound great and are different enough sounding from the 6505 to warrant owning both. I got to use one for a day to re-amp some guitars and though it sounded great. Worth sticking 6L6's in it too, thats what the one I got to use had and it rocked. Only gripe was it is very easy to go over board on the gain and it can get fizzy. A little bit of care with the gain and pres/terble and its nice though

I was hoping to sell the cab and get a Blackstar Series one but the JSX is tempting at that deal.
I already have:
Mesa Triple Recto, 6505, H&K Triamp II, Marshall DSL100 and Marshall 8100 heads.

What should I do?
Need to decide quickly.

Sorry for the ot, how it sound the hk triamp??

I already have:

What should I do?
Need to decide quickly.

Do it. It's worth it.

Yep I really like the JSX. Crunch channel is great for rhythms. The Ultra channel can get a bit fizzy if you turn the gain up to much, but I've found it's good for leads.

Mmmmm. Dunno. I guess it's worth it. But what about an Orange Rockreverb??? Might be TOTALLY different from those high gain amps and still totally rocking... Or what about buying an Axe FX instead. Might be cool too. Just my 0.5€ comment.

(BTW I'm also selling a Diezel Herbert ;p)

Mmmmm. Dunno. I guess it's worth it. But what about an Orange Rockreverb??? Might be TOTALLY different from those high gain amps and still totally rocking... Or what about buying an Axe FX instead. Might be cool too. Just my 0.5€ comment.

(BTW I'm also selling a Diezel Herbert ;p)

If you read the OP you'll see he getting the chance to trade for it, I highly doubt he gets to pick the amp. it's either trade for the JSX or don't.

Though it can be difficult to record at times, I love my JSX.
In front of a mic I've found you really have to use the mid and pres to give it life and definition, while keeping the highs kind of subdued to keep the fizz down.

Thanks for all the advice.
The guy pulled out of the deal:(
I will maybe get one in the future.