Peavey JSX

Grave Desire

Mar 10, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
I've tried the search function, but JSX is too short of a word for the search engine. Searching Peavey gives me a whole bunch of 6505 threads so I decided to start a new thread here....

Anyways I'm finally able to save up money now that I've been working more and I think I'm going to get a JSX. I really like the distortion of the 6505's, but I'm not fond of the clean channel. I use the clean channel alot with the bands I play in so the JSX seems more versatile than the 6505. Also for reamping in the studio it would be nice to have an amp that can do both.

My question to you guys is: If anyone here has used one or has one...what are the postive and negative things you guys encountered using them? Any tube recomendations? Things to watch out for?, etc.

I played one in the store my buddy works at..and it sounded good, and I should be able to get the head new for about $900. Is there any other head around that price range that might be a better option?

I should note that I'm not buying the cab also, and using I'm using a mesa with v30's.

wow some coincidence i was about to hit the start thread button about this amp.

i have a bunch of mesa heads and i also have a rectoverb combo practically new i've been looking to get rid of but i can't find anyone to buy it for a reasomable price where it's fair to me. i have an offer for a trade for a JSX head. so i wanted everyone's take on how the amp is.

and also since i am totally happy for my own tone with my boogies more importantly how it can help my studio and if any metal people use it???

there are a bunch of threads about them already(some good clips too)...they are referred to as xsr around here ;) :lol:

Yeah that search function is becoming a pain. Not being able to search for words with less than 4 letters...Who's idea was that?