Can someone post /find some JSX crunch channel clips?

www.myspace.com/risetoremain

The stuff I recorded for them was using a JSX no boost with gain around 11 o'clock. Its not really saturated, but I was going for a very clear tone with lots of mids (not sure if they like it that much!)

But the top two tracks on their player is JSX crunch, including leads.

Nice one mate! Tones awesome. I know those chaps - good guys

This is actually a different gig we played with them, I duno about what Dan was using at this fest but the other gig I'm certain it was 2 JSX's

sikth2.jpg

I stand corrected! ("said the man in orthopaedic shoes...")

How long ago was that photo Josh?

Towards the end of Sikth's career Weller borrowed Alex from Cryforsilence's Diezel VH4. I think that was just for one tour, and Pin was using the Herbert at that time.

I know Sikth (or at least Dan) had a peavey endorsement. I was round at his place just before their very last bunch of gigs and he was setting up two brand new free 6505+'s courtesy at the nice chaps at Peavey. I'm not totally sure about Pin, but I know he is mates with Diezel's UK rep so has used them in the past. Maybe he is endorsed by Peavey, but whips out his Herbie every now and again...

PARTRIDGE IS GOD

Ha but yeh they were both using JSX's for quite some time. We did a couple of shows with them around 3 years ago when they were using Peavey then did another with them about 2 years ago Pin had moved to Diezel. Might have been Alex's rig cus he was there with his -at the time- brand new 8 string. Doug at Black Machine works for Deizel too I think...or did!

PARTRIDGE IS GOD

Ha but yeh they were both using JSX's for quite some time. We did a couple of shows with them around 3 years ago when they were using Peavey then did another with them about 2 years ago Pin had moved to Diezel. Might have been Alex's rig cus he was there with his -at the time- brand new 8 string. Doug at Black Machine works for Deizel too I think...or did!

Yeah Doug sort-of works for Diezel too, although it's James that handles most of the Diezel side of things. Doug's always nipping out to see Peter Diezel in germany though... reckon they have a bit of mutual respect thing going on!

Seems like you're right about them using JSX's though... I didn't manage to catch them live back then. (they avoided Aberdeen like the plague after an apparently awful show up here in their early days).

[side note: Agreed about partridge. "Still, good news about the chocolate oranges..." is a favourite/much over-used expression of ours when something goes tits up...]