Can someone post /find some JSX crunch channel clips?

JoshSylosis

May 16, 2005
Reading, Berkshire
www.facebook.com
Has anyone got any recordings of the JSX head on the crunch channel for a 'standard' metal tone? I've heard the clips on the Peavey site.

I'm hoping to get one of these pups as what i've heard is amazing but was thinking I'd use the crunch channel for my main live tone and ultra for leads with a volume boost. Just curious as to how much gain there is.

I know the Despised Icon album was 2 tracks of JSX but thats the ultra channel right?

Thanks!

I would like to hear clips too.

I remember when tried this amp for the first time, didn´t like it at all, sounded too muddy and with so little gain, a couple of years later tried again, and wow!! one of the best tones i heard, the first must be fucked up or something, in fact like it more than the 6505, but again i think that 6505 had something wrong, haha.

I couldn't remember if they stole the ultra or crunch channel from the Triple XXX to put into the JSX. I have a Triple XXX and it's crunch channel has gain for days. I was playing on it last night without an od808 (rare) and it sounded glorious. I loved the JSX when I tried it out a few months back. It came down to it and another amp but I chose the other because I thought the JSX sounded very similar to the Triple XXX which I already had and I wanted something that had a different sound. It didn't take away from the fact that I thought it was great tho!

whats up fellas, I have a project im working on death/grindcore stuff, the guitars were re-amped using a JSX on the crunch channel and a mesa triple recto, but i can mix down just the JSX when i get home and post it. I have to say this was the first time i used the crunch channel and i feel i got a better result than i have had in the past using the ultra channel.

Thanks musickey that would be awesome if you could!

I JUST sold my XXX like 30 minutes ago and am trying to sell my Krankenstein.
If the JSX is like the XXX i'll be super happy though! I wasn't unhappy with the XXX by any means but me and our other guitarist want to use the exact same rig live so both selling our stuff (he's selling an ENGL powerball and cab if anyones interested) so figured we'd try something new and Peavey always rules!

Thanks musickey that would be awesome if you could!

I JUST sold my XXX like 30 minutes ago and am trying to sell my Krankenstein.
If the JSX is like the XXX i'll be super happy though! I wasn't unhappy with the XXX by any means but me and our other guitarist want to use the exact same rig live so both selling our stuff (he's selling an ENGL powerball and cab if anyones interested) so figured we'd try something new and Peavey always rules!

No problem man, i wont be able to do it until later this evening. And there are similarities between the xxx and the jsx. tell your other guitarist i will trade him my JSX for the powerball lol.

I gotta tell ya, as a happy JSX owner, I'd recommend the Ultra for rhythms and the crunch for leads, cuz the crunch channel has this beautifully smooth character that I really like. They're still pretty similar sounding to one another, though, so crunch for rhythm/Ultra for lead would be great too, I'm sure!

Here you go man, I know they can be dialed in alot better im still a noob. Just hi/lo pass, 2 tracks of JSX crunch channel with the fat active, one clip has 2 57's on a mesa oversized cab and the other is the same setup with a T-bone RB100 added to the cab, I know some people on here wanted to hear what that mic sounded like. And the last clip is quad tracked with a Mesa Triple Recto blended.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=702457

The Triple XXX's Crunch Channel is the JSX's Ultra Channel. If the JSX's Crunch Channel has even half the gain of the Triple XXX's Crunch then it'll be more than enough. 12 o' clock on the Triple XXX without a TS and with low gain pickups is still enough for singing leads. With a TS in front of it, I never have it past 9 o' clock.

Thanks man! muchos gracias!
sounds really cool. you use a ts or anything? remember what setting you had the gain on?
cheers

No prob, yeah i have the settings wrote down but not in front of me i believe the gain was around 7.0 with a ts9 set all 12.0