Peavey JSX has landed! (short review)

Also, I assume that since this is a new amp, it's the single-input JSX - this is probably wishful thinking on my part (to preserve my fragile confidence in my amp tweaking abilities :D), but perhaps there were some changes in the design when they updated the model (I know the noise gate was actually made useful, for example) that make it sound less, well, shitty, which was my experience with my two-input :)

sorry to disappoint you, but this one has two inputs ;)
I didn't even know there's a new one.

cool to hear you like it though.

I just compared these to some raw guitars from a session I did a while back with a 6505+ and I think I still definitely prefer the character of the 6505. I look forward to the future 'improved' clips, and really am open to being convinced about the JSX being a viable studio amp. My own experiences have always left it in 2nd or 3rd place, unfortunately.

Awesome clips man, sounds alot like the tone I've set my jsx too at the moment, just add an equal amount of eq to each knob, and lower the channel volume. Really thick juicy gain, no fizz, strong deep bass, lovely mids. I had JJ 6l6's in the power section, they either went bad or weren't getting enough bias voltage, replaced them with the orig el34's with my updated preamp set and hit tonal glory. What I think is tonal glory anyway :lol:

Recording it is another thing entirely tho!

that crunch channel clip sounds pretty good!

just curious, has anyone here tried the jsx out with greenbacks? i know it's a bit of an unlikely combo, but i remember trying one a few years ago at a large store that had a closed off amp room...i tried about half a dozen different cabs with v30's, gt75's, stock peavey speakers, texas heats, etc. and i was shocked to find that it sounded best with a greenback loaded marshall tv cab

Nice tones. What cab? I have a JSX plugged into a XXX cab. I use it some on my own stuff. I use a Boss GT8 alot (DI) and my Windsor/5150 cab at times too. But I had a group of school kids come in very recently and record a track. A three piece band. And they used my equipment. The guitar sound the kid dialed in (his taste) using my JSX head XXX cab and my Carvin guitar. The guitar makes a big difference with the JSX too. I like my Carvin through it, but my cousin played his SG through it and I really like it. Though I dont like SG's. Anyway here is a link to the kids tune I recorded. JSX/XXX 412 combo. http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=6850460&q=hi

haha, I'm a fucking retard ;)

I was wondering why I had to crank the volume so high....turned out I had the send-return all the way down and that affects the volume....

stupid me...sounds so much better now ;)