Social Distortion

The Voice of Reason
Sep 10, 2004
Lahti Rock City, Finland
http://www.charliebenante.com/BlastBeat/

The Blast Beat

12/30/2011
2011 What a year it was...

We finally put out Worship Music. The reaction to the record has been so amazing, it's like a dream. The long wait was something that did fuck with me. Would our fans still be interested? Where did we fit in with the current state of music? I could go on and on. The thing about this record is that it is an ANTHRAX record, it is 100% Metal! I always knew that we had something special, but it was when others heard it that I really knew we created something Great.

This record has been a labor of love for me; the time spent with these songs from 2006 became an obsession. It was a goal to make this a Great Record. I'm not saying we didn't take that approach with the other records. I just think that things were happening in such a natural way, we were feeling “The Force”. When you have a song like "In the End", you can't edit that song down. The original working title I had for that song was "Epic". I always heard that song in my head as an Epic piece of Music. The Lyrics that came along really fit the Mood of the song, I really think it's one of our best songs ever. There were a few more songs that didn't make the record, I'm sure those will turn up on the next one. There are 2 that are going to be Killer once they're reworked and recorded.

The Cover art had to be something that stood out when you walked by it in a store. I remember talking with Alex Ross about the color scheme, we didn't want a lot of colors, He chose just a few. When I see the cover displayed it just pops out at you, the fucking thing just screams "LOOK AT ME". The concept is something that works along with the W.C.F.Y.A. cover. I don't know where this place is but I know it's not here. The Creatures on the Cover of W.M. are either good or evil, don't know? Are they the hands that are pulling us on the W.C.F.Y.A. cover? These are some of the things I'd like to Explore. I really want to tie these covers in with a Comic book at some point, I just need to get off my ass and start working on it. Who wants to help??
Worship Music CoverWorship Music BackThe Devil You Know
The Big 4

These shows were so Amazing, What a great Vibe. The Moments spent with the other Bands, the Crew, the Crowd...These were moments that you want to hold on to. I feel that we live in a time that moves faster than it did say... 10-15 years ago, it just flies by. I remember the day the Yankee stadium date was discussed, it seemed like a year away to us and then BAM! It was here. When we were up there playing, I tried to make every moment count. I have a habit of closing my eyes and zoning out when I play. The Yankee Stadium show was performed with eyes wide open (maybe I blinked here and there). I just wanted to recall everything from it so when people ask me "what was it like?" I can say... "I saw every moment" I want to do more Big 4 shows and I think we all want to do more...We should all start a petition - Wrigley, Tampa Stadium, Dallas Stadium etc.
Thank You!!!

I want to take a moment to thank all our Friends and Fans who've stuck with us through it all, I Appreciate all your support. I got a chance to meet a lot of you during the Oct/Nov Tour; I look forward to seeing more of you in Jan/Feb.
Come out and see us in 2012, we'll try and play your favorite Songs

Okay, see you on FB and Twitter

Have a HAPPY and HEALTHY NEW YEAR

Charlie
My Best of 2011

Best Record of 2011 - I'm partial to one but I also loved the Beastie Boys record and Ghost
Best Movie - Moneyball
Best TV Show - American Horror Story
Best Show That Make Me Laugh - That Metal Show
Best Show That Makes Me Pee In My Pants - Ridiculousness
Best Beer - I was partial to Japanese beer this year- Sapporo, Kirin and Yebisu from Sapporo
Best Documentary - George Harrison - Living in the material world
Best BBQ - Notley Que
Best Song To Play Live - In the End
Best Reissue - Pink Floyd catalog and Nirvana’s Nevermind
Best Hair - Shawn Drover
Best Gadget - ZOOM Q3HD
Best Song That Resurfaced for me in 2011- Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns by Mother Love Bone
Best Winter Drink at Starbucks - Salted Caramel Mocha
Best Book- Elf on the Shelf

Interesting. There was a time this year when I listened to that particular Mother Love Bone song over and over again.

Interesting. There was a time this year when I listened to that particular Mother Love Bone song over and over again.

Me too, it's a beautiful song. As a matter of fact I just listened to the Pearl Jam live cover of it on their 20 record. It's good, but not a patch on the Andrew Wood / MLB original.

Me too, it's a beautiful song. As a matter of fact I just listened to the Pearl Jam live cover of it on their 20 record. It's good, but not a patch on the Andrew Wood / MLB original.

Is it there? I heard it on some live bootlegs and also on the official Live At The Garden DVD. It's ok but it lacks The Chloed Dancer part, which I like even more than the "Crown Of Thorns".

Favorite comedy is Riduclousness?

Come on Charlie, that show's far worse than even Stomp 442.