BLAZE - 10th Dimension 2 cd set review

Poison God

I am the Dog
Oct 24, 2001
New Jersey
Here is my review: 8.75/10

CD 1

1. Forgotten Future - typical intro track....guitar noise...etc.

2. Kill and Destroy - one of my favorite tracks on this record. Reminds me of the faster tracks on Silicon Messiah (i.e. The Brave, The Launch). Nice solos...reminiscent of Chemical Wedding imo

3. End Dream - a real slow groove song. Nothing like this on Silicon. Increases speed in parts...solid track which has an "egyptian feel" to it.

4. The Tenth Dimension - my favorite track on this album (hell, BLAZE's BEST TRACK ON EITHER ALBUM). Fast paced, the chorus owns, and it even contains a nice bass oriented aspect as well. The cd was worth the price alone for this track. "HEEEEREE I AMMM!!"

5. Nothing Will Stop Me - my least favorite track. Cool ballad type tune, but nothing spectacular.

6. Leap of Faith - This cd's Launch.

7. The Truth Revealed - nice acoustic/electric solo entrance into track 8

8. Meant to Be - one of the most beautifully arranged songs I've heard in a long while. Think Como Estais from Virtual XI, with a hell of a lot more bite and substance.

9. Land of the Blind - reminds me of an OzzY track in places. Decent tune.

10. Stealing Time - cool riff. Reminds me of a Black Label Society track mixed with the title track of Silicon Messiah...can't go wrong there imo.

11. Speed of Light - This IS Maiden.....nuff said

12. Stranger to the Light - Black Sabbathy; I can see myself getting into this song in the next few days. Slow and Dark...excellent way to end the first cd.

CD 2
1. The Launch (Live) - rules
2. Futureal (Live) - rules
3. Tough as Steel (Live) - Wolfsbane track - classic rock from Blaze's old band...I actually own one of their cds and it isn't half bad.
4. Evolution (Live) - rules
5. Living Someone Else's Life - Awesome! Another Sabbath-like track!

and 2 Mp3s, 1 vid, and an EPK Inside the 10th Dimension

Basically if you can get your hands on the 2 cd set, and you like either X Factor/Virtual XI or BLAZE's Silicon Messiah cd, BUY IT.

DavE

I saw Blaze live supporting Savatage...man they suck live...By far the worst live I've seen.The guy is a monkey...in the studio they are better though.

Originally posted by Dragonlord
I saw Blaze live supporting Savatage...man they suck live...By far the worst live I've seen.The guy is a monkey...in the studio they are better though.

Haven't seen them live yet, but the live material on the cd is quite good imo.

DavE