Blender Magazine's 50 Worst Music Artists

Status
Not open for further replies.
14 YNGWIE MALMSTEEN
Big on solos, short on songs
With his passion for the music of Deep Purple’s Ritchie Blackmore, Swedish guitar show-off Yngwie Malmsteen co-opted his hero’s deadpan demeanor, neoclassical solos and frilly cuffs, garnering kudos from ’80s bedroom guitar onanists for his playing speed. Yet Malmsteen never employed a proper songwriter, and his noodling hard rock — sometimes augmented by a full orchestra — has scored increasingly minuscule returns.
Appalling fact Malmsteen’s 1983 show at London’s Marquee club sold out in minutes because of unsuspecting Bruce Springsteen fans who thought they were attending a secret gig by the Boss.
Worst CD Concerto for Electric Guitar and Orchestra (Ranch Life, 1999)

OMG...

14 YNGWIE MALMSTEEN
Big on solos, short on songs
With his passion for the music of Deep Purple’s Ritchie Blackmore, Swedish guitar show-off Yngwie Malmsteen co-opted his hero’s deadpan demeanor, neoclassical solos and frilly cuffs, garnering kudos from ’80s bedroom guitar onanists for his playing speed. Yet Malmsteen never employed a proper songwriter, and his noodling hard rock — sometimes augmented by a full orchestra — has scored increasingly minuscule returns.
Appalling fact Malmsteen’s 1983 show at London’s Marquee club sold out in minutes because of unsuspecting Bruce Springsteen fans who thought they were attending a secret gig by the Boss.
Worst CD Concerto for Electric Guitar and Orchestra (Ranch Life, 1999)

OMG...

Um... that is pretty much accurate. And the Concerto was awful.

Um... where was Limp Bizkit and Kid Rock? :zombie:
You took the words right out of my mouth- also I don't see Shitney Quears, Paris Hilton, N'Stink, David Hasselhoff(my apologies to all "Baywatch" or "Nightrider" fans), Panic At The Disco, New Kids On The Block, Village People, Ashlee Simpson, Hinder, Fall Out Boy, Blue October, My Chemical Romance, or Buttstreet Bun(Backstreet) Boys on that list- get them on that list and take the Doors, Iron Butterfly, Kansas, Dan Fogelberg, Yngwie Malmsteen, and Manowar off there. There's far, far worse "artists" than a few on that list, although I agree they hit the mark with Yawni, Michael Bolton, Kenny G, Latoya Jackson, Pat Boone, Celine Dion, 98 Degrees, Air Suckply, Howard Jones, and Vanilla Lice.

Manowar?! WTF.

I could care less how cheesy they are. Manowar are my boys.

You took the words right out of my mouth- also I don't see Shitney Quears, Paris Hilton, N'Stink, David Hasselhoff(my apologies to all "Baywatch" or "Nightrider" fans), Panic At The Disco, New Kids On The Block, Village People, Ashlee Simpson, Hinder, Fall Out Boy, Blue October, My Chemical Romance, or Buttstreet Bun(Backstreet) Boys on that list- get them on that list and take the Doors, Iron Butterfly, Kansas, Dan Fogelberg, Yngwie Malmsteen, and Manowar off there. There's far, far worse "artists" than a few on that list, although I agree they hit the mark with Yawni, Michael Bolton, Kenny G, Latoya Jackson, Pat Boone, Celine Dion, 98 Degrees, Air Suckply, Howard Jones, and Vanilla Lice.

Actually the Village People are pretty hilarious... so for pure comedic factors alone I would keep them off the list. :lol: Otherwise you are correct.

at least they were right with the number one worst band ever...ICP...words do not even begin to describe how much I loathe them

at least they were right with the number one worst band ever...ICP...words do not even begin to describe how much I loathe them

Yes I know. You know what's funny? A friend of mine was making fun of me for liking Darkthrone but he loves ICP. :lol:

ICP are so horrible and talentless. These fat chicks (all ICP fans are fat) on my bus were... rapping (?) along with one of their songs out loud. I immediately knew it was them because of the unnecessary use of the word "fuck". Ugh.

Blender is one of the worst magazines in existence. Anything from that mag should be ignored. There was a copy sitting around and work and the things inside made my soul cry. They had a list of things to love about 2006 and Fallout Boy was high on the list and they were gushing about there greatness. The also said that the newest My Chemical Romance was the best album of the year and even compared it to Sgt. Peppers.

Blender is one of the worst magazines in existence. Anything from that mag should be ignored. There was a copy sitting around and work and the things inside made my soul cry. They had a list of things to love about 2006 and Fallout Boy was high on the list and they were gushing about there greatness. The also said that the newest My Chemical Romance was the best album of the year and even compared it to Sgt. Peppers.

My Chemical Romance needs a little bit of My Chemical Warfare. And Fall Out Boy? How about them falling out of the top floor of the Sears Tower in Chicago? They could REALLY be Fall Out Boys then!!

My Chemical Romance needs a little bit of My Chemical Warfare. And Fall Out Boy? How about them falling out of the top floor of the Sears Tower in Chicago? They could REALLY be Fall Out Boys then!!

If only those crappy bands got what they deserved...

And yes, the only thing good about that list is ICP as the number one worst artist. They are absolutely terrible.

i think that rank is a joke... what are doing in that ranking bans like the doors or elp?
if it's not a joke, who made it is a fucking idiot

ICP are so horrible and talentless. These fat chicks (all ICP fans are fat) on my bus were... rapping (?) along with one of their songs out loud. I immediately knew it was them because of the unnecessary use of the word "fuck". Ugh.

wow! somebody else finally realized that all ICP fans are fat!

wow! somebody else finally realized that all ICP fans are fat!

Yourteambest.jpg

And look what they listed as the best CD's of 2004-

http://www.blender.com/guide/articles.aspx?id=1327

:yuk: :puke:

Evil? said:

Agreed. The only good uses for Blender Magazine are for lining bird cages or training puppies.

Status
Not open for further replies.