Blending Guitar Amps

I've always wanted to hear an ENGL & Krank blended. I would kill to hear this together.

I've never fully understood the concept of how to blend the amps, do you set them up together each with a different cab and mic each cab accordingly and record at the same time or what?

Yea if you want to make a useful video on this subject, it'd be best to provide more info. A song, a demo of what you're blending and how (reamping the same pass out of the same mic/ cabinet? Using a splitter with two separate chains? Mic placement to keep them in phase?) etc.

Basically what this video says is "Amp blending is cool you should try it"

Come on, you have such a great gear and all you,ve done is some chat :)?... Please, reamp some of those amps (e.g. Uber and Orange!) and show in diffrent proportions so we can hear a real effects of yours approach :)! Cheers
Gac

Some audio examples would be great indeed but thanks for this, it's always cool to hear a pro talking about recording techniques.

I've never fully understood the concept of how to blend the amps, do you set them up together each with a different cab and mic each cab accordingly and record at the same time or what?
You can blend amps many ways. I will quad track (have the guitarist play 4 performances) and record a left & right with one amp i.e. Peavey 5150 & then record a left & right with another amp i.e. Bogner Uberschall. The contrast of the amps blended together is what makes up the final guitar tone. Another way is to run a splitter and have both amps running at the same time both into separate cabs. You can also re-amp the dry signal and stack as many amps as you like & blend that way. Of course you have to record a D.I. signal of the guitar to do this. I hope all of that helps. Thanks for watching.

Hey guys, I appreciate you watching the video and also the feedback. This clip is just an introduction (along with a few others I've made) from my Record & Mix Online Series. Some more in-depth videos will be released shortly which will have audio samples. At this early stage I'm just sharing some of my thoughts on gear and technique in an easy to digest format. Cheers.