Blind Guardian - Somewhere Far Beyond

The_Evil_Gentleman

Power Metal Owns
Aug 9, 2004
Mars (maybe Jupiter)
Somehow, I'm speechless. This album peers perfection and I adored it a lot. This by far my favorite BG album. I have "Night Of The Opera", "Nightfall", "Forgotten", and "Live 2003" and so far not one album had disappointed me. Unlike, Shitallica! I think this is Blind Guardian's first album to feature a little taste of orchestra in the background. Let me rate all tracks:

1. Time What Is Time: Nice acoustic intro then gets heavy. Very catchy and enjoyable. It is one of Guardian's classic songs. Hansi just shines with his immortal vocals. 5/5

2. Journey Through The Dark: Much better than the live version and it is outstanding. Wow! I love this song and it is a 100% classic, but not my favorite in the album, but close. 6/5

3. Black Chamber: Great calm acoustic track. Nice lyrics about being possessed. Interesting! 5/5

4. Theatre Of Pain: BEST SONG ON THE ALBUM! GREAT! AWESOME! Exciting as hell. Everything seems to be perfect in this song. Must be heard! NOW! 7/5

5. The Quest For Tanelorn: "On our quest for tanelorn... we lose our way". It starts just like "Time What Is Time" with an acoustic guitar. The best part is when the first chorus ends, there's a small phrase in German and it sounds so epic. 5/5

6. Ashes To Ashes: A spooky beginning, but I say it is as catchy as hell. The chorus is amazing when it goes "TIME" a second of silence "ISN'T HERE TO STAY". Magic! 5/5

7. The Bard's Song - In The Forest: I've heard so many live versions for this song and boy what a feeling. On this album, it's clear from the crowd chanting "Hew hoo ha hew hoo" it's confusing, but now I have it original, I could understand what's Hasi's saying. 5/5

8. The Bard's Song - The Hobbit: It's like the heavy version of "In The Forest" and continues the bard's song's story. I think "In The Forest" is a much better track than this, but it's okay! 4.5/5

9. The Piper's Calling: Headbng with loads of bagpipes ;). 4.5/5

10. Somewhere Far Beyond: The title track and it is the longest song in the album and I must say it's great. Very, very, very good and the leads are amazing. In the middle of the song, there is a bagpipe solo and it sounds much better than "The Piper's Calling" and the guitar solo is great. All in all, one of the favorites. 5.5/5

---------------------------------------------------------------

Bonus Tracks:

11. Spread Your Wings: A Queen cover song and it is great. First, it begins soft and then it gets heavy. Sounds like a Moulin Rouge song to me, but is great. 4.5/5

12. Trial By Fire: A Satan cover song and it is so heavy that people will enjoy it and I never knew there is a band called Satan, but well it is a cool song. Nice solos. 5/5

13. Theatre Of Pain (Classical Version): WOW! It's sounds so good with different instuments. I liked the drumming rhythm in the beginning which it isn't featured in the original version, but it's as great as the original. 6.5/5

As you can see, I gave to each track a full grade and above because it is an amazing power metal album which will never disappoint you. If you are a big metal fan, then buy this awesome and almost divine album. MUST BUY!

You must buy this divine album.

Funny that they used Metallica's producer from when Metallica was great. This is my second favorite Blind Guardian CD and a definite masterpiece along with Nightfall in Middle Earth. I was surprised that this album came out 3 years before Imaginations From The Other Side as it sounds like it would have come after IFTOS. My copy of Somewhere Far Beyond doesn't have any bonus tracks and was released by Century Media in 2000, what version is yours?

The_Evil_Gentleman said:
Somehow, I'm speechless. This album peers perfection and I adored it a lot. This by far my favorite BG album. I have "Night Of The Opera", "Nightfall", "Forgotten", and "Live 2003" and so far not one album had disappointed me. Unlike, Shitallica! I think this is Blind Guardian's first album to feature a little taste of orchestra in the background. Let me rate all tracks:

As you can see, I gave to each track a full grade and above because it is an amazing power metal album which will never disappoint you. If you are a big metal fan, then buy this awesome and almost divine album. MUST BUY!

You must buy this divine album.

thespectralsorrows said:
Funny that they used Metallica's producer from when Metallica was great. This is my second favorite Blind Guardian CD and a definite masterpiece along with Nightfall in Middle Earth. I was surprised that this album came out 3 years before Imaginations From The Other Side as it sounds like it would have come after IFTOS. My copy of Somewhere Far Beyond doesn't have any bonus tracks and was released by Century Media in 2000, what version is yours?

Well, I'm from Lebanon and I bought it with the bonus tracks. Mines, like an import if you are livin' in States!

My second favorite BG album after Imaginations From the Other Side. I think i'll give Somewhere Far Beyond a listen right now since it's been a while.

Thee_Evil_Gentleman: I see you don't have "Imaginations...". Make this your next purchase.....you're in for a treat my friend