BLIND GUARDIAN (with GRAVE DIGGER) US/Canada Fall tour

Got my ticket for Dallas :headbang:

Been 9 years since I last saw Blind Guardian on the A Twist on the Myth Tour. Should be a good show. :headbang:

I'll only go because of Grave Digger and I asked on their FB about how long they'll play, they said 53 minutes. if it's true, it's not too bad, even though I'd have liked at least one hour...

Saw the Philly show. I was hoping Grave Digger would convert me in a live setting... no such luck. Despite the fact that their guitar player is thoroughly entertaining, they're music is just awful and it's even worse live. Blind Guardian was awesome. I'm always thoroughly entertained by their crowds. I have never seen audiences sing along they way they do for Guardian. Obviously, I'm not talking about Maiden, etc. But compared to similar bands, they just draw an unparalleled level of people singing along.

Saw the Philly show. I was hoping Grave Digger would convert me in a live setting... no such luck. Despite the fact that their guitar player is thoroughly entertaining, they're music is just awful and it's even worse live. Blind Guardian was awesome. I'm always thoroughly entertained by their crowds. I have never seen audiences sing along they way they do for Guardian. Obviously, I'm not talking about Maiden, etc. But compared to similar bands, they just draw an unparalleled level of people singing along.

To each his own. Finally, I didn't make the Montreal show as I don't care at all for BG and didn't feel like driving 5 hours (back and forth) only for seeing the 45 minute-set of the opening act .
I'd have gone only for Grave Digger, whose music for me is far to be awful, but really entertaining... Just good old traditional power metal that I listen since 1984. Hope to have the chance to see them live and as a headliner some day.

I went to the Worcester show. I was never a big Grave Digger fan but I thought they were great fun live. Blind Guardian blew me away (again). Because it was Halloween they all had costumes (Hansi as Elvis and the rest of the band as zombie jesters) and they played 2 extra songs: Wizard's Crown and Barbara Ann.

I went to the Worcester show. I was never a big Grave Digger fan but I thought they were great fun live. Blind Guardian blew me away (again). Because it was Halloween they all had costumes (Hansi as Elvis and the rest of the band as zombie jesters) and they played 2 extra songs: Wizard's Crown and Barbara Ann.

I was in Worcester also; one of my top concerts of the year. Elvis Hansi was great!!

Really? I was at the Philly show, too and thought Grave Digger killed. I've been a huge fan for years and they didn't let me down.

I was also at the Worcester show, and yeah it was pretty damn awesome. I was not much of a BG fan before but they really killed it that night. I went mostly for GD and they were great too, just wish they had time for a few more songs. I thought it was kind of odd that GD didn't get at least an hour considering there were no local/regional openers to pad out the show but I didn't account for BG playing over two hours (not very common).

All I can say was that the show in Chicago was fucking amazing! Really cool to have finally seen Grave Digger live. Blind Guardian were in top form really enjoyed the show the aucostic bard song was great.

All I can say was that the show in Chicago was fucking amazing! Really cool to have finally seen Grave Digger live. Blind Guardian were in top form really enjoyed the show the aucostic bard song was great.

Hansi sounded sick...could not hit the high notes...Bard Song sounded terrible. It has to suck being ill on tour. Did anyone notice that Grave Digger had very low audio. Literally you could talk normal during their set. My friend saw them in Ohio and said the same thing.

Saw this tour this weekend.

Grave Digger are to metal what TV dinners are to food, what the missionary position is to sex, or what the Honda Accord is to cars. It is hard to make metal boring, but they succeeded.

Blind Guardian were simply amazing. They put on such a great show from top to bottom. They seem to be having a blast and even did the semi--spontaneous playing of Majesty by fan request. It had been far too long since I had seen them so I was pretty excited (as was the rest of the crowd). I know there are only a couple of dates left on this tour, but if you're on the fence you should go.

Saw this tour this weekend.

Grave Digger are to metal what TV dinners are to food, what the missionary position is to sex, or what the Honda Accord is to cars. It is hard to make metal boring, but they succeeded.

Your opinion only. They're not boring if you enjoy their style. Other people who follow them since 1984 can agree....

Great, great show in Atlanta tonight. Mindbogglingly great. We got The Curse of Fëanor tonight, apparently for the first time live ever. Just amazing. :)

Our setlist last night:

The Ninth Wave
Banish from Sanctuary
Nightfall
Fly
Tanelorn (Into the Void)
Prophecies
The Last Candle
Majesty
Lord of the Rings
And Then There Was Silence
The Curse of Feanor
Imaginations from the Other side
Sacred Worlds
Twilight of the Gods
Valhalla
Into the Storm
The Bard's Song- Into the Forrest
Mirror Mirror

Hansi told me they had 50 songs rehearsed and ready to go on any given night.

Reactions: Locust0311