BLIND GUARDIAN (with GRAVE DIGGER) US/Canada Fall tour

Hansi told me they had 50 songs rehearsed and ready to go on any given night.

That is awesome. I have been wondering since I have been following the setlist all tour. While the bulk is same night to night, the two songs before the encore have varied a ton from night to night. Also there were songs that they were playing at only one show on the tour (Like Wizard's Crown). It just seems to go with their on stage persona which is very grateful and fan friendly. Plus what other show can you go to that when the lead singer name check's obscure fantasy characters the crowd goes crazy?

Looking at setlist.fm, they're mixing it up quite a bit on this tour. The first 7 songs and the last 2 songs are the same for every show, but aside from those, every show is different. I wonder what we'll get tonight in Orlando.

Last edited:
The return...

BLIND GUARDIAN ANNOUNCE 2016 NORTH AMERICAN TOUR WITH GRAVE DIGGER

"...Blind Guardian has announced they are returning to North America this fall for the second leg of the Beyond The Red Mirror tour.

Before they start the tour, they will make a stop at Prog Power Festival for a special performance on Thursday, September 9th. The following day they will kick-off their highly anticipated 19-date tour at The Orpheum in Tampa, Florida with none other than German metallers Grave Digger. Their trek will include one Canadian date as well as stops in Worcester, Milwaukee, and conclude on October 5th at The Fillmore in San Francisco....
...Tickets for the upcoming tour go on sale on this Friday, May 6th at 10 AM, local time...."

blindguardiantourmay.jpg

September
9 - The Orpheum - Tampa, FL
10 - Revolution - Fort Lauderdale, FL
12 - Ziggy's By The Sea - Wilmington, NC
13 - Cats Cradle - Chapel Hill, NC
15 - Webster Hall - New York, NY
16 - The Palladium - Worcester, MA
19 - London Music Hall - London, ON
20 - The Crofoot - Pontiac, MI
22 - Sokol Auditorium - Omaha, NE
23 - The Rave II - Milwaukee, WI
24 - Pierre’s Entertainment Center - Fort Wayne, IN
26 - Warehouse Live - Houston, TX
27 - Gas Monkey Live - Dallas, TX
29 - The Summit Music Hall - Denver, CO
30 - The Complex - Salt Lake City, UT

October
1 - House Of Blues - Las Vegas, NV
2 - Observatory North Park - San Diego, CA
4 - The Fonda Theatre - Los Angeles
5 - The Fillmore - San Francisco, CA

This was a great tour last year, and although I'm happy to have another chance to see Grave Digger, I would have preferred a different support act. Same bands in the same venue less than a year later. Wish they would have brought Orphaned Land like they did in Europe, or Mob Rules or Brainstorm or some other hard to see act that would have given additional incentive to see this tour. Not sure if I need to see Blind Guardian 4 times in less than a year.

This was a great tour last year, and although I'm happy to have another chance to see Grave Digger, I would have preferred a different support act. Same bands in the same venue less than a year later. Wish they would have brought Orphaned Land like they did in Europe, or Mob Rules or Brainstorm or some other hard to see act that would have given additional incentive to see this tour. Not sure if I need to see Blind Guardian 4 times in less than a year.

I kind of agree, switch up the bands or the sets. I saw the tour last year and again this time, GD played almost the same set, only two songs different and not really the best choices to sub (imo). This was especially annoying since GD was my main reason for going both times - figured the 2nd time around they'd switch it up, like BG did. Still happy to see both bands again on US soil, we don't get much of these bands touring here, but while we may not be a huge fan base here the same set list over and over is not going to help draw repeat crowds.

Quick question......how was the merch table for this go around?? Getting my funds together for the LA show next week!!

Quick question......how was the merch table for this go around?? Getting my funds together for the LA show next week!!

BG had a few shirts (2016 dates and an Imaginations shirt with the front/back artwork and nothing else), plus an Imaginations hoodie, a logo beanie, patches, etc. One tour shirt was Medium only. Grave Digger had one 2016 shirt design. 2016 shirts were priced at $30 each. The hoodie was $45. Both bands also had a few of the 2015 tour shirts priced at $20. Autographed cd's for each band were $25.

BG had a few shirts (2016 dates and an Imaginations shirt with the front/back artwork and nothing else), plus an Imaginations hoodie, a logo beanie, patches, etc. One tour shirt was Medium only. Grave Digger had one 2016 shirt design. 2016 shirts were priced at $30 each. The hoodie was $45. Both bands also had a few of the 2015 tour shirts priced at $20. Autographed cd's for each band were $25.
Thanks Rycher!! This helped big time!!