Blind Guardian

livingparody

Apr 30, 2009
Ukiah, Cali
Well, everyone HERE likes blind guardian. My friend Justice who is into the most BRUTAL shit is in love with them, and i got into them a few years ago, and I think that they have amazing talent. HOWEVER. Some of their albums just SUCKED in my opinion. Like IFTOS was... iffy. I loved the bonus track "the wizard" but the rest i dont really like. So, I'd like to get peoples opinions on this band... to see if its not just our town, but the metal COMMUNITY who likes them.

Personally, the only album of theirs that I like is Nightfall in Middle-Earth. The rest of their albums are just exercises of "how many extra lead guitar melodies can I fit in the verse?" or "are 60 backing vocal tracks enough?"

The really overdo it, especially the lead guitarist who is ALWAYS playing some annoying lead throughout the entire song. It just doesn't seem to ever stop.

They make Rhapsody in Fire seem like a minimalist indie band by comparison.

i respectfully disagree. Nightfall in Middle Earth was the best put together album, but you cant deny how awesome Follow the Blind was. It was actually the most raw album... almost thrashy.