Blind Guardian - Nightfall in Middle Earth

why would blind guardian make a blast from the past since they havent really had any lineup changes? and their new style songs take 10000 years to make if they did this it would take like a year for them to record and mix each song, and the album would come out in 2015

Nightfall in Middle-Earth is perfect!
I read The Hobbit and The Lord Of The Rings just so I could read The Silmarillion and understand what this masterpiece is about... and I'm a slow reader, so it took me some months to finish it all

But still there's one album better than this one:
Their new album - A Night At The Opera!
:p

it took me over a year to fall in love with this album completely. don't get me wrong - i always thought it's a great album, but prefered Imaginations over Nightfall. anyway, for the past couple of months i think they switched places and now Nightfall is on top, alittle above Imaginations.

the new album is much better than i expected (should i feel ashamed for doubting BG? :cry: ). there are two songs on this album i'm having troubles with, though - The Maiden and the Ministrel, and The Soulforged. the rest is just pure goodness, as always with BG! :) :)

I have opened and listened to Nightfall In Middle Earth! I have only listened to it once so my opinion is subject to change.(It usually takes me to about the third listen to really enjoy a CD!) After my first listen my favorite tracks are "Nightfal" and "Mirror Mirror" I will probably get in two more listens this weekend. I also want to read the book that this album is based on.

I've only heard NIME, ANATO, the D&W album, and a few tracks here and there from the earlier BG albums. So far, if I had to pick a fav, it would be NIME. I've read the hobbit and i'm almost done with fotr, and have seen the movie 3 times, and i love tolkien's style of writing, and others like it, e.g. dragonlance. I like NIME better than ANATO, but ANATO would be like a neck-and-neck close second.

mirror mirror is ok, but it could have been better. time stands still beats it out imo, and noldor and nightfall are truly masterpieces! a dark passage is the perfect ending.

Hansi's voice is at its peak performance, even though it's always been amazing *_* And, his lyric writing is almost like Tolkien's spirit possessed him it's so beautiful! Ok, I'm Hansi-tripping, so I better end this review

100/100 for NIME!

I prefer Imaginations... over Nightfall...
I'll be seeing The Guardians in 9 days at the Prog III show in Atlanta, GA, USA. I don't really think of BG as being progressive, but I'm happy for the chance to see them.