Blind Guardian

Ordeith

Infernal Garden Gnome
Oct 14, 2001
Norway
ermmmmmm
Right, having wasted nearly all my money on other stuff, I have exactly enough money left to buy one CD. Since I'm a fan of fantasy literature Blind Guardian seem a natural choice. I've heard "Nightfall..." and I loved it. Of the other ones, which do you recommend knowing that I like the aforementioned album.

Well what ecxactly do you like about the Nightfall in Middle earth album??

i mean it is a conceptual album, fantasy album, and one with a lot of virtuosity on the composition..

I have all the Blind Guardian cd´s, and my favoriste is indeed Imaginations from the other side.. but i would recomend that you see what do you want look...

Batallions of fear - Speed, trash like metal, with of course Fantasy and lord of the rings stuff

Follow the blind - Almost same as above a little better in composition, and it have one of the greatest song from them "Vallhala"

Tales from the twillight hall - Well the lord of the rings hymn is here, it has a lot more composition merit.. a very good album overall.

Somewhere far beyond - More fantasy and melodic composition here it leaves a bit the heaviest part of the band, and it has one of my favorite songs too " Time What Is Time" and of course another fantasy hymn "The Bard song - in the forest".

Imaginations from the other side - My favorite album, it combines all the aspects of Blind guardian, heavy, melodic, glorious, and youget merged into the lyrics as it was you who wrote them, i cant say i love one song in particular i love all.

Nightfall in middle earth - Well you listened to it, great album but its more like an opera, but one of the best ever.

so you choose what you want, sorry for the big post, i hope it can be of help.. also if i have to say it i will.. it would be better to buy all them at once you will eventually do that :)

CHUCHA
Nightfall in Middle Earth is one of my favorite records of all time but if I hace to recommend you one album it would be Tales from the Twilight World the biggest hits of Blind Guardian are there man.

Also you should check out Demons & Wizards specially if you love songs like the Curse of Feanor or When Sorrow Sang

Thats a tough one... I really Like Imaginations..., but I also really like Somewhere Far Beyond. I think Somewhere... is closer to Nightfall. The Bard's Song is my favorite song on the album. Just buy all them. Thats the easy way out ;)

Opeth is my favorite band, and Blind Guardian is my second favorite... and here's how I rate the BG albums, in order of best to not the best... with my favorite song from each

Nightfall (Mirror Mirror)
Tales... (Goodbye My Friend)
Imaginations... (Script for my Requiem)
Somewhere Far Beyond (Somewhere Far Beyond)
Follow the Blind (Valhalla!)
Batallions of Fear (Guardian of the Blind)

FtB and BoF are not masterpieces but are pretty good... can't go wrong with ANY of the others... Tokyo Tales and Forgotten Tales are pretty nifty too, especially that fucking crowd in Tokyo Tales... bowl your friends over as you crank that sucker and hear the crowd sing along the 'millions of Hansis' parts...

Buy "Somwhere Far Beyond"... Great CD! It´s even better then NIME (IMO) and....Yeah... Nothing more to say really...:)

Anyway... I can´t find the new Blind Gurdian on mIRC, anyone here that can send me the file via ICQ? (Would be VERY glad...:)

Thanks in advance....

-phyros-

Thanks for the advice guys...
Decided to get "Imaginations..." Another month more or less until I can get another CD. Life's gonna suck until payday :p

Originally posted by Phyros

Anyway... I can´t find the new Blind Gurdian on mIRC, anyone here that can send me the file via ICQ? (Would be VERY glad...:)

Thanks in advance....

-phyros-

Yeah im with Phyros, if anyone here has the new Blind guardian stuff, share with the forum pals:D

Don't get the one with 'And then there was silence' on it- it's on the UM radio as I type this, and I must say it does suck majorly:lol: (although, this is the first time I've heard them, so I probably shouldn't judge just yet....) :lol:

Yeah...i got the new song. fucking amazing. the best BG song ever !

You can find it on IRC on Undernet in #mp3_metal
or Audiogalaxy.com

but if u still cant get it i can send it on icq....