Blinded By Fear recorded by me

That's cool, what gear did you use for this it's quite a good, clear guitar sound for a homemade thing. I'm guessing you used something like a pod?

Also, did you intend to change the low E-string notes from opens to palm-mutes because you prefer it? Cos i like the way the original has that loose-yet-tight sound to it with the open droning notes on the e. But cool all the same

LMAO shit I didn't even notice those weren't palm muted...when I play that riff it's always been natural for me to palm mute 'em, boy do I feel stupid lol...

Yeah I used a Jackson Dinky into a POD into an 8 Channel mixer for some outboard EQing and then straight into ProTools FREE 5.0.1...sequenced the drums in leafDrums 2.0.1 *thumbs up*

wow!!! I didn't expect something THAT good. How long did it take to programm the drums for this one? I sometimes (try to) use Leaf Drums myself, but I suck at programming drums properly...

Nico16 said:
wow!!! I didn't expect something THAT good. How long did it take to programm the drums for this one? I sometimes (try to) use Leaf Drums myself, but I suck at programming drums properly...

Thanks man!

Drums took about half hour, Adrian is a cool drummer to program because he doesn't play too many fills, even though he could if he wanted too lol, so there was only about 15 different bars of drumming for the whole song...

leafDrums is pretty easy if you know rhythms and stuff...the bold lines are beats, the not so bold lines are 16th notes *thumbs up*

oooh, nice recording. i prefer this to the orginal. i don't like at the gates; boring production, naff vocals. your version makes more sense. well done dude. PS, don't use programmed drums! learn the real drumkit! YEAH!

I would've used real drums but unfortunately I don't really have a way of recording a full kit and making it sound good, haha, so I just tried to find the best drum samples I could and I program em...but if anyone wants to donate a set of drum mics I'd be happy to take em off your hands :D

lol.gif