Blink of an Eye

N

NoRehearsal

I cannot divulge my sources, but I have heard the whole Blink of an Eye CD, and it is GREAT!!!!

A little heavier and a little more progressive than J9orD10, with the usual awesome melodies and lyrics. There are no weak songs. I already liked songs I heard at Nearfest, especially Under Fire and Follow the Sun (what a great song). In addition, Monday is an amazing song, Ultimate Gift is beautiful. I also love Despicable (different, a real cool song) and Flat Line.

Well, hope I can find it in a record store today!

I can divulge my source, DA last nite, twice. I agree that the CD is a heavier, but like the Juggling, it has many songs that vary in style and sound. I dont know if i would call it more progressive, just less earthy and grungy. You are absolutely correct about the awesome Enchant melodies being everywhere. I cannot wait until I get disc to analyze the lyrics. 8/13 is such a long wait :( Songs that really stuck out to me were Monday, Seeds of Hate, Ultimate Gift (probably the best 'ballad' Enchant has wrote), Invisible (cool key riff), Flat Line, and My Everafter (awesome gtr/key interplay). Despicable really did strike me as a completely different Enchant type song. Very Angry. Follow the Sun could be a 'hit' if people would listen to music nowadays instead of only care about the artist's image. Under Fire is Heavy, great opener.

It was great for Paul to pop in the DA chat and give his support. Cant wait until we hear the new Paul&Hannah/Xen stuff in the future. :D

Thanks Doug/Ted/Ed/Sean for another incredible release. :D

Jim

I agree. in a few weeks I will have my full feel for this disc, but I can't deny, there not a weak track on it. I really dig Seeds Of Hate and Despicable (mispelled on the I/O site btw D-E-S-P-I-C-A-L-B-E). That song remeinds me a little of King's X...I wonder if any of the members of Enchant like KX?
I played "Flatline on my radio last friday, I dunno the whole disc is great..I think Doug seems to be high in the mix of alot of the songs and his leads seem to compromise some melodies..but alot of times for good reason!. Follow The Sun is a great song..esp toward the end..I wish I would have known it kinda at NEARFEST..but o well..atleast seeing it live was a treat enough.

NoRehearsal:..are you the guy I chatted with during soundcheck at NEARFEST?..forget what he said his s/n on here was. If you remember me, send me an email sometime"angra_651@yahoo.com"..love to find out if you have heard Soundscape yet..i actually have you the recordings I made of nearfeest fans/interviews, etc..lol you'd think its cool..esp a yr from now!..:O

Thanks Guys for the early feedback.

Your ten cents is very cool. Jim thanks for the CD universe info as well. That sounds like a good lead to get this sooner than later. Not sure what happened but it sounds like a manufacturing screw up that has caused the delay. I just got a copy myself and that is not a SE w the bonus track. Which by the way you want because that song kicks ass. We played that at NF as well. So it does indeed make this baby heavier and more complex or progressive. I kind of feel like the disc is about 50/50 when it comes to the balance of music. And Despicable is a bit different, I did not like it at all at first but it has grown on me as well. Same with Seeds! I really like that one now, although the middle section is no fun to play :) Marc, Jim, Kyle happy to hear the positive feedback and cool takes on the music. Kyle we our big Kings X fans! especially Ted, I am too, and Doug actually turned me on to them. They are an amazing band w/ awesome vocals! Looking forward to seeing then and DT in a few weeks out here. Oh also Doug is up in the mix for good reason, as our Teds vocals but that only adds to the melodies! I think my good friend did an amazing job producing and recording this one as well. I am blown away by the sound of all the instruments.

OK cross your fingers this one does well so we can get out on the road and see you all soon.

Thanks Ed

Ed - 50/50. Couldn't agree more. And that bonus track kicks some serious booty!

'Seeds of Hate' is one of my favourites, 'Despicable' grows on you, 'Ultimate Gift' is the most melodic and gentle...

I'll post my website review when it's done.

Cheers to the lot of you,
Alberik
( progresy.tripod.com )