Blood Feast and Lurking Corpses - Sept 27th

really fun show last night....

The Elbo Room is a odd place. When you walk in it is a small bar. They set up a bunch of vendors....the usual ones you see at the Metal Markets. It was nice because it wasn't loud and you could hang up there and talk without having to scream. The show was downstairs in a very small room that maybe holds 100. Stage was nice and had a really nice lighting system actually. Sound was really good as well. What is cool is there is a big TV there showing the show in the basement so if you are upstairs and waiting for the band to start you can watch on the tv for it to start up.

Mysophilia opened and were really good. Dean from Skullview / Stone Magnum now plays bass in the band. Lots of energy and surprising good leads and stuff for a black thrash band.

Evil Army was next. Didn't watch them. Simon and I split a 16 buck Tombstone pizza. Think of the Progpower nerds who cried over overpriced slices. They would have had a heart attack with this.

Lurking Corpses were next and stole the show. You can tell it was the band most were there for. They play a great mix of punk / metal. Goofy costumes but it works live. really catchy songs and amazing stage presence.

Necrofilth was next but I stayed upstairs.

Blood Feast headlined and a bunch more late folks got there right before they got on stage. Not the biggest fan but they had a fun time up there and people were going nuts and stuff up front. They played a bunch of new songs which sounding really good.

The turnout seemed small but I heard everything was good and it made money. One goober was kicked out for being an obnoxious drunk. After the show he was still out there and the bartender was explaining to him nicely on what happened and why....he kept begging to come back in. They told him no and when they walked in he kicked over the clubs front walkway sign and ran off like a moron. Sad that people still have to act this way at shows.