Blood Meridian - Berklee Students Play Metal

The Leper

Apostles Triumph
Jul 26, 2004
boston
www.knorwood.tk
Hey! You guys have incredible taste in metal and i would love to know if you could offer some criticism on my bands tunes. The only thing we have up is a Sampler track from our upcoming EP to be out in Spring. We kinda sound like a mad mix between Opeth, Darkest Hour, Mastodon, In Flames... So if you like those dudes, give us a shot! You can check us out on any of these pages, 2 of them don't record play count, so thats not what this is for! Also, feel free to friend us on facebook or myspace and send us some messages saying what your thoughts are!

http://www.myspace.com/bloodmeridianband
or
http://www.sonicbids.com/bloodmeridian
or
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Blood-...6463668?ref=ts

SICK riffage man!! Actually i'm visiting berklee and taking a tour in a couple weeks, good to know there's other metal players there. what's the scene in boston for metal? i live all the way on the west coast so i have no idea :lol:

A bit off topic but did you first start off playing rock/metal then go into jazz? That's what i did and i'm full on studying jazz guitar now and basically prepping for the berklee audition (in a year or so). what was it like for you?

Yeah man! that book rules.

First off, the metal scene here is a little weird in boston. There aren't really many good metal bands here, but there are a TON of metal heads. You just got a make a niche for yourself up here since the market is so fragmented.

Yeah dude, I started as a metal/rock player then when i got to high school I started to play jazz, but kept learning metal and stuff on the side. Then my senior year I just tried to get my playing tight and clean.

The music scene here in general though is MASSIVE. There are so many bands here, which may kinda be a problem. But you can see a show every night of the week and you'll be amazed at the talent. I hope you get a chance to come up here. If you want to meet up and ask some more questions when your here, your more than welcome to come and chill!

awesome, yeah i definitely figured the music scene would be booming. But that just gives me more of a chance to just join something and not start something which i personally don't like. I'm for sure coming up from the 25-28th of this month. only thing i have for sure planned is a tour of berklee so obviously theres a lot of time to fill. if you'd be willing to chill or something i'd greatly appreciate that. it'd be amazing to talk to some guys that are in the same boat as i am...and succeeded haha.
and glad to hear you're an opeth fan, thats my absolute favorite band :D

Metal VIxen, thanks so much for the kind words, I'm excited to know you enjoyed our stuff. being apart of this band is pretty incredible and i'm so proud and happy with the music we're making, glad to share it with as many people as possible.
@ Failure
Yeah, let me tell you about most of my weekends... We get fucking high/drunk as shit and go into the berklee studios and play Opeth albums out of their like $10,000US speaker monitors. It sounds incredible. Send me an email at bodomite@gmail.com. Yeah, we can meet up and shoot the shit or something for sure man.

lucky bastard :p

Actually berklee has been my top choice forever but i have serious doubts about being 1/1500 guitarists, and i fucking hate guitarists in general. which is why if i get in i'll be majoring in either music produciton and engineering or film composing

Haha yeah; I play bass, much less competition there. As of right now I'm looking at performance or songwriting. In my experience they're much more interested in guitarists with serious jazz chops, all the ones I know personally who've gotten in are serious jazzers.

well i don't plan on playing metal there...i've been taking jazz lessons since november and have gotten well versed with it, and with my musical history spanning from the age of 6 in multiple instruments i think i have a decent chance of getting in, but definitely not getting my hopes up, as much as i fucking love bekrlee and boston (i took a visit in feb) i have been touring colleges all summer and have other choices...oberlin being my second