Blood Red Throne - Altered Genesis

longfalcon13

i am the bloody earth
Oct 5, 2003
Visit site
Probably the best death metal i've heard since Bloodbath's RTC. The mix is punishing, with the guitars in your face and the bass actually pretty audible. the vocals are somewhat the weakest part of this album; they are fairly one-dimensional. the best aspect is the superb riffing - BRT throw every kind of head-banging skull-crushing riff into the fray. there are a few breakdowns, but each one is awesome.

key tracks:

Incarnadine Mangler - this opener is fast, and the opening riff sets the tone for the rest of the album

Eye-Licker - how can you not love that name? and this track is a continuous sledgehammer to your ears

Arterial Lust - Probably the best track - this song is a riff gangbang... and the breakdown!! :worship:

yeah .. this was a nice surprise. some people dismiss it as something that was done million times before, and while I agree ... these guys just rip.
agree on ARTRIAL LUST also ... great song ... the ending reminds me of an Obituary track that I cannot pinpoint for the life of me.

special mention to the nice punchy bass guitar throughout the CD>

Hell yeah, this album kicks ass. I am a huge fan of Bloodbath and this was the first album from Blood red throne that i heard and i must say they bacame one of my favourites. I love chorus on Arterial lust: Filthfucking deathcore, pulsecutting whore, TEAR LIAR SLUT, ARTERIAL LUST. Great!!!!!

I'm looking forward to hearing this. Needless to say, I haven't got my hands on it yet. Their other two full-lengths are crushing.